-vingt-huit-

Third point of view

The Cullen house was very much disturbed. Nothing seems to make sense, and they were a family of vampires that is trying to coexist, so them not finding any explanation means a lot.
After Elizabeth lost consciousness, Carlisle gained his strength back like he wasn't just decaying by the minutes. He took his mate to his bed and rushed to his medical equipments to examine her.
He tried not to think about anything else but her well being first but when he made sure that she only needed rest. His mind couldn't be more noisier .
So does the entire family that heard what was going on .
Thirty minutes later he realized that Elizabeth won't be awake for a while.
He peeled himself from beside her with the objection of the Volturi lord and made his way to his family in the living room.

" Carlisle! How do you feel?" His sister sped to his side analyzing him with worried eyes .
He nods " yes never been better" he managed to answer walking to sit on the couch . Although they don't need to sit down like humans do but he did anyway as to subtly announce that he needs to say something to the entire family .
" can you please tell us what exactly is going on. First she left ,then your body rejected blood and you started literally dying then she came back for less than fifteen minutes and you're well healed like nothing happened!" Rosalie raised her voice out of frustration. No one said a word, all waiting for their coven leader to answer their mutual question.
He looks down, trying to form sentences,
" I think she's a witch, I don't know what happened but she healed me, I still don't know how this happened and my mind is as confused as you all are, but we must wait and let her explain herself when she wake up .." he spoke
They all nod.. unsatisfied but knowing that this subject must be put on hold until Elizabeth wakes up.
Carlisle's instincts took the best of him and he stood and speeds up to his room where his love is sleeping.
He couldn't help but still feel the aching in his dead heart from his mate leaving him, but who could blame her?....He is a monster , an abnormality that shouldn't exist, a creature only for nightmares.

his dark thoughts and memories has been disturbed with the fluttering eyes of his mate. and then,nothing mattered, everything fades and only her really mattered to him at that moment.

" my love" he whispered, helping her to consciousness which it worked

Elizabeth opened her eyes to be met by the warmest smile she ever witnessed. almost immediately brought tears to her eyes, and constant apologies to be spet feverishly toward her mate.

" i'm so sorry, i never thought that..." she sniffles " i hurt you so bad! i can never forgive myself for that"

Carlisle cradled her shaking body delicately, rocking her slightly to try and calm her.

" shsh, i can never blame you for that... in fact, i'm puzzled you came back after knowing what a monster i am" his voice cracked like if he could actually cry, he'd be a sobbing man in front of her.

Elizabeth held his face between her palms, making him look her in the eyes.

" don't you dare talk about yourself like that!" it was the firmest sentence he ever heard from her. like she is so sure of who he is despite that it's not fully clear if both of them are even on the same page.

she wiped her tears with the back of her hand, resulting of redness to her cheeks. puffy eyes looked at him, mesmerizing him ' how could a person look so beautiful when she cries' he wanders like a curious kid.

she took a large breath, holding on him like he will disappear if she let go.

" i think we need to clear things up on both sides...don't you think?" her sense of responsibility and the need to be transparent took the best of her. he look into her eyes,calculating, before nodding

" whenever you're ready" he encourages, gaze so soft it made her just want to kiss him,hug him and procrastinate everything else. instead, she smiled softly and sat up straight.

" i think i owe an explanation to the entire family" getting anxious already, overthinking about the correct way to explain herself, a secret that she didn't learn how to explain to anyone who isn't in her coven before.

A/N thank you so much for the great,encouraging comments though I hate how I can be a major procrastinator but here you are sticking with my shitty updating schedule...