chapter 16 i'll fight for you

I bit my lower lip, but then, was jolted out of my senses with a sudden presence appearing behind my back.

I spun around rapidly and threw a punch, but stopped before i reached my target. Because… the one standing behind me wasn’t an termite.

‘What…. Who is this?’

It was, in fact, a ‘Ladylike’ decked out in black full-body armour.

This was my first time seeing one, but then again, i heard plenty of times before about this ‘thing’ from the skill cottage  owner who had been involved with the skill far more then me.

‘Isn’t this….??’

I cried out in surprise.

“Why is this thing here?”

It was then.

From the ladylike, a familiar voice came out.

– “master i'm your guardian Luna.”

################################

Just what kind of a calamity was this?

The TV station’s situation room used to be enveloped in the happy and rainbow mood, but now, everything felt sombre and dreary like a funeral.

The ‘live’ broadcast showing up on the viewers’ TVs suddenly got cut off with the entrance of a strange, winged termite monster. Understandably, they began pooring the station with phone calls of angry complaints and urgent inquiries.

Ringgg…!

Ringgg….!!

One of the employees walked over to the station’s director and cautiously made his report.

“Sir, our communication network is about to collapse from all the calls made by the irate viewers.”

The station’s director raised his head.

“So what? Are you suggesting that we should broadcast live the scenes of our city guardian getting ripped to shreds by a single mutated monster??”

“N-no, sir.”

The broadcast got cut off just as the titan were getting one-sidedly beaten up by that mysterious ant monster. It was understandable that the curiosity of the viewers would skyrocket.

However, that didn’t mean they could broadcast the scenes of Titan Milo getting tortured, nor the moment that Titan mars got punch im the face.

The director buried his face in his hands and let out a helpless moan.

“It’s over…. It’s all over.”

The once-in-a-lifetime gamble where the fate of his station rode on, was now going down the drain because of one d*mn termite monster.

“It’s over…..”

Heavy, grim silence filled up the situation room. No one person was brave or dumb enough to open their mouths now. Except for one, that was.

“Huh??”

The producer staring at the real-time feed with an ashen complexion suddenly opened his mouth.

“D-Director!!”

“….What now?”

“Someone just appeared in the location out of nowhere!”

The director didn’t bother to raise his head up and grimly replied.

“Unless it’s Buddha or Jesus himself, don’t report to me every little thing that happens over there. Got that?”