chapter 24 "my linege"

Just saying hi..  Happy reading.

Here goes nothing.....

------------------------------------------------

Luna and i run back to the Island to hunt down and kill every single mutate monster we missed missed the first time around.

Kiieeehhk!!

Yet another termite fell after getting struck by Luna skill. I didn’t bother to step up and simply standing behind.

‘I must be pretty close to king corpse .’

There weren’t that many termite left to be found on the island.

So i left luna to deal with the rest and i walk back to the tunnel and saw the mutated King stay at the same place i left it laying around.

I stand beside it and put my hand in the air

"arise"

Im binding it

Right at that moment….

The light within the  queen’s chamber suddenly dimmed and brightened back up over and over again, as if it was being illuminated by a dying fluorescent light bulb.

I raised my head. The large ball of light that Charlie floated up on the ceiling to help with the queen raid was flickering noticeably now.

‘Is the magic about to come undone?’

At first, i absentmindedly thought like that.

However, it hadn’t even an hour since we stepped foot inside this chamber. So, how could the spell be dissipating already? Not only that, wasn’t it a spell cast by a rank S Mage so we could safely carry out this potentially deadly raid?

There was no way such a thing could be true. In that case….

‘…..Could it be?’

Could the Binding spell i performed on the mutated termite be the cause? Just as this thought entered my mind….

Paht-!

The surroundings became completely dark.

I’d still be able to see around him thanks to his Perception Stat if there had been a upgrade, a trace of light coming in from somewhere. But this all-encompassing darkness didn’t even permit that.

It must’ve been a second or two.

later.

The darkness lingered on only for a briefest of brief moments before receding away – to reveal the mutated termite standing right in front of my eyes.

‘…..!!’

I flinched grandly and took a step back.

If it weren’t for the Luna message saying “Imdiego binding spell was a success” appearing almost at the same time, i might have lashed out while thinking that the termite had come back to life or some such.

“Whew…. That surprised me.”

I spat out a sigh of relief.

Now that i calmly took another look at the creature from a step away, it sure did look a bit different from when it was still alive. From its body, streams of black smoke were continuously rising up.

‘So, this is that king monster’s soul….’

I couldn’t tell just how much of its original Stats had changed, but at least, the ominous aura it gave off seemed to have gone up a few levels. I stood before the termite’s shadow. I could clearly feel its enormous mana energy reserve.