chapter 28 Hunter

I didn’t particularly mind the gazes of other people, unless i was talking about some special circumstances. As long as no one bothered me, it didn’t matter to me if i got famous, either.

That’s why i didn’t really care when the mourners discovered my presence and started whispering among themselves.

However….

‘At the very least, you all should know that now isn’t the time nor the place.’

I furrowed my brows unhappily.

Wasn’t this the place to remember and honour the valiant sacrifice of Fallen Titan aint

I didn’t want this solemn occasion to fall into some noisy chaos because of me , so i briefly unleashed a portion of my mana energy – no, not even that, but an amount so tiny that it didn’t even qualify to be called a portion.

‘…..!!’

The desired effect took place right away. The air suddenly became incomparably heavier and oppressive silence descended to the place. Even the breathing of the mourners became incredibly cautious.

“….”

“….”

All those people noisily yapping to each other promptly shut their mouths up at once.

‘Alright.’

I succeeded in creating an acceptable atmosphere with nothing but a quiet display of power before i started walking forward again.i didn’t get to walk for long, though, as a middle-aged lady, who was too young to be called a granny but too old to be called an auntie, stood before me.

She was none other than ome of the Fallen Titan mother.

People began gasping softly as they looked on at the mother and i standing in an apparent face-off like that.

‘Uh, uh?’

‘Wait, she isn’t going to scold me and chase me away, right?’

Fortunately, the outcome people were worried about didn’t come to pass. The why of it was simple enough.

“You’ve arrived. Thank you for coming.”

“Thank you for inviting me, ma’am.”

It was actually the mother who pleaded with me to come by here today.

“There was something I’d like to speak to you in person and that’s why I had to make that call. I hope I wasn’t troubling you.”

“No, not at all, ma’am.”

“Titan Kai I heard you got rid of all the monsters in that place so that my son could come home.”

The mother stopped there and gazed up at me perhaps wanting to confirm the story she was told straight from the man myself.

‘……’

I had various personal reasons for hunting down the termite of Long Island. However, it was also true that a part of me didn’t want to see the Fallen titan rot away forgotten somewhere in the darkness of that  tunnel. So, i quietly nodded my head.

“Yes, ma’am.”

“You helped my son so he won’t sleep in that dark, damp place. I….”

The mother finally began shedding the tears she’d been holding and continued on.

“I was to able to meet my son for the last time with your help. Thank you very much, young sir.”

There were no words that could console a parent grieving for her lost child. I could only remain silent with an agonised look on my face. In the meantime, the relatives of the mother came over and carefully escorted her away deeper into the funeral venue.