chapter 26 Hero

“Let us escort you back home, Titan kai.”

President Allison hurriedly made that offer as i stood up to leave.

“If you wait for a minute, one of our agents will bring a car around. How about going home with that, instead?”

“….”

I had fully understood that the Titans Association, and especially its boss man, Allison were feeling extremely grateful towards me.

However, that didn’t mean i wanted to be treated like royalty even in something as minor as this.

It wasn’t as if my home was too far away and i needed to borrow a car, either. If i wanted to save on time, i might as well ride on Erlin Or run all the way back home, which would actually be quicker, instead.

That’s why i declined the offer.

“Thank you, but I’ll be fine.”

However, Allison shook her head and insisted on it.

“I believe that… it’ll be more convenient for you to get a ride home.”

“What do you mean by that….?”
She approached the window and spoke to me.

“Could you please come over this way?”

I also walked over to the window, and that’s when i saw it.

….Outside the window.

Less than one hour ago, the front entrance of the Association used to be sparsely populated. But now, a huge crowd of people had gathered there and he couldn’t see any openings at all.

“All these people came here to see you, Kai. They have heard that you came for a visit in the Association.”

I didn’t have to ask how these people knew.

‘Well, I did fly on Erlin to get here, so….’

In this day and age, everyone walked around with a minimum of one camera on their persons. The images of i riding on Erlin and disembarking in front of the Association, spread through the medium of internet like wildfire. And sure enough, online reporters were also among those who heard of the news.

Just one headline was all that’s needed. The article itself wasn’t even that long, either.

‘Who is the owner of the monster that landed in the Association?’⸥

The article stated that the monster was definitely not what one would call average, and that it was jet-black like a shadow. Finally, the article went on to posit that it was most likely one of Kai summoned creatures, as it looked similar to what millions saw on their TV sets.

Those who heard the news and came here to confirm the truth, and those who only wished to meet Kai in person, combined to create this massive throng of people gathering right on the front lawn of the Association building.

A flood of emotions welled up inside me as i stared at all these people.

Allison also stared at the crowd in silence for a while, before he calmly opened his mouth.

“I’m sure that you’re aware of it by now… Our countrymen had been thirsting for a victory.”

USA became the sole nation on Earth who lost a part of their land to monsters after a catastrophic dungeon break occurred on Long Island four years ago.

Many countries outwardly expressed their solidarity but inwardly, they were mocking the City Guardian Titan for their uselessness. By the time the first subjugation operation ended in failure, that sentiment reached its peak.