chapter 27 new enemy

Two days later.

Military personnel and Titan landed on Long Island to recover the remains of cristal,Fallen Titan and monster corpes

They were from the Queens District’s Guild, the ‘Samba kill’. Although they were one of the five large Guilds representing New York they lacked a rank S  in their rank and therefore, couldn’t participate in the raid.

They sensed their reputation diminishing from this event, and volunteered for this mission. Thanks to that, the matters had progressed rather swiftly.

Titan had to take the lead after seeing the specially-trained soldiers hesitating somewhat.

“Oii, stop it and come on, already.”

“I’m telling you, there isn’t a single detectable mana energy on this island. Argh, you guys are far too distrusting.”

Titan walking forward far up ahead waved at the soldiers. The hesitant soldiers cautiously followed from behind, but they still kept their guards up.

From the Titan ’ perspective, that sure was one frustrating sight to see, but there was no helping it. Regular people couldn’t sense magical energy, nor were they able to fight against the monsters. So they could only be overly cautious like that.

“Tsk, tsk.”

The Guild Master of the Samba kill tutted unhappily, and placed his hands on his waist while scanning his surroundings.

‘Huh….’

His jaw dropped all on its own.

The closer they got to the vicinity of the  tunnel, the greater the number of dead termite strewn about on the ground.

Nay, they resembled small mountains now, instead.

The Vice Guild Master, a close friend and a fellow Titan who he fought alongside for a long time, helplessly shook his head.

“hey bro…. Can you believe this? You telling me that a lone Titan did all of this?”

“…..”

The Samba Kill Guild also took part back during the first subjugation operation along with countless other Tita. . That’s why they knew better than anyone here how scary these creatures could be.

“To think that those termite ended up in this sorry state….”

“Wow…. That kid, Kai Del'a Saint or whatever his name was, he’s no ordinary man, that’s for sure.”

The Vice Guild Master continued to look around at his surroundings and spoke while sounding a bit fed up.

“How did he even manage to wipe out every single ant on this huge island??”

“I wonder about that myself.”

The elite members of the Samba Kill, pretty well versed in all things monster-related, could only gawk in astonishment at the piles upon piles of dead monsters.

Eventually, though, their astonished steps brought them to the entrance of the  tunnel.

“, I can see it.”

“Yup, me too.”

Titan came to a stop in front of the  tunnel so they could enter it together with the soldiers. The latter group was still a bit of distance away. Since there wasn’t much to do during the wait, the Guild Master lit up a cigarette. The Vice Guild Master also lit one up for himself.

But then….

The Guild Master furrowed his brows after seeing that lit cigarette powerlessly fall from the Vice’s lips.