Chapter 4

"This is the kitchen." Nokiya smiled, holding opened the door. Akiya stepped in, ducking so Mari wouldn't crack her head on the top of the door frame. She smiled at the two maids and one cook making their way around the tables and counters to come greet them. It looked like the back of a restaurant.

"It's a pleasure to meet you!" The cook smiled, taking the chef's hat off his head and bowing. The two maids bowed from beside him.

"Likewise." Akiya managed a small smile. This was the fourth time people had greeted her like she was royalty, and even though she knew that she was, she was still not used to it. Even though some flashes of memories had returned to her, and the cook had a very familiar face, she was homeless for four years of her life and wasn't used to it.

Mari giggled from above her, patting her head happily. "Why are you nervous big sister?"

"I'm not a fan of being spoiled. I'm not used to it." Akiya admitted.

Nokiya looped her arm through her sister's with a smile, pulling her a bit closer. "Well, they only spoil us if we're nice. They choose what we get to eat, so if we bother them it's usually not as good."

"They give us lots of sweets if we're good!" Mari giggled.

Akiya chuckled a bit. "I'm not a child. I won't get into too much trouble."

The cook scoffed getting her to raise an eyebrow. "I really do hope you've actually grown up a bit." He smiled. "You were always in here and stealing pastries and candy."

Akiya blinked, staring for a few seconds before her smile stretched across her face. "That's right! I was always stealing stuff from you guys. I think I ruined a few parties by stealing the cake."

"Yes... Yes you did. So I took to making more than one cake or pie and hiding the other so your parents wouldn't be made into fools."

"You made it too easy! I was starting to think you wanted me to take things."

Nokiya laughed, squeezing her sister's arm. "You were the trouble maker. You were always getting into things you weren't supposed to."

"It wasn't just me! You would help me sometimes!"

"You could be very convincing." Nokiya noted.

"You mean you used to pull pranks and stuff too!?" Mari asked, looking to Nokiya in shock. "But you always try and get me to behave!"

Akiya grinned devilishly. "You like to prank people Mari? I think we're going to get along just fine."

"You think so!?"

"I know so."

"I'm not so sure I'm going to enjoy having you back." The cook joked, getting the two maids to giggle a bit. "I guess I have a bit more help keeping you out of trouble now though."

"We'll leave you to your work." Nokiya smiled. "Thanks for letting us bother you for a bit!" She waved towards the servants as she and Akiya backed out of the room.

"What's next?" Akiya asked.

"Let's go see our room." Nokya smiled.

"Our room?" Akiya asked.

Nokiya nodded and led them down the large hallway and up a large staircase onto the second floor. They headed down a smaller hallway into what was definately the living quarters. Nokiya pushed opened one of the doors and motioned for Akiya to head in.

She looked around the room in awe, taking in everything she saw and smiling at the nostalga that it brought her. The room was decorated with a light pink wallpaper, and white furnature. There was a large bed pushed against the far wall with a white frame and pink covers and pillows.