Chapter 26

Nokiya entered the tent and ignored the arguments as she pushed through the small crowd of soldiers and generals to get to the war table. As soon as she came up to the table, everyone went completely silent. Across the table Vultorus and Chandra stared back in awe, like they couldn't believe they actually made it.

Their parents had taken their dragon forms, with Vultorus towering over everyone in the room standing almost ten feet tall. His body was covered in a golden armor and his wings were folded against his back. He looked the same as Jurgen and the twins did in their forms with a green body, black spines and claws, and a red head. His horns however were thicker and longer, and stood mostly straight up with only a slight curve to them.

Chandra was a silver dragon with gold stripes running down her sides and arms. She was only a foot or so shorter than her husband and was wearing silver armor with gold accents. Her neck was a little longer, arching a bit so she could look people in their faces as she spoke to them. Both of them had golden crowns on their heads decorated with small gemstones, giving away their royal bloodlines.

Chandra gave Nokiya a once over as Akiya came up behind her sister with Mari on her shoulders. "You're covered in dirt, where did you go?"

"We just came through the southern flank." Nokiya explained. "Jurgen is helping them hold the line."

"They wanted us to ask you for reinforcements. There aren't many of them still left there." Akiya added, lifting Mari off her shoulders and setting her down so the young girl could run around the table and leap into her mother's arms.

"You lead Mari through a battlefield?" Chandra questioned, looking shocked as she hugged the girl close only for her to push away, landing on the ground and stepping away from her.

"I chose to come here myself. I didn't give them the choice of whether or not to bring me." Mari retorted. "Artemis and Apollo have been protecting me, and Artemis has been making sure I've stayed far away from the fighting. I wish I could help big sisters more, but I can't yet. But they needed Artemis to protect them from high up."

"Truthfully, I don't know how well off we'd be without Artemis and Apollo's help. Artemis has been keeping our enemies back while Apollo has been healing us." Akiya explained.

"Where's Kira?" Vultorus asked.

"She went with our new friend into the depths to try and find something of value to them." Nokiya explained. "Camelia Teresi The-"

"Teresi?" Vultorus and Chandra questioned.

"Is there something we should know?" Nokiya questioned.

"The Teresi's were warriors known for their skill in combat." Vultorus explained. "Archon Teresi was one of my generals for years before he retired. Afterwards his son Callum joined up and proved to be one of my best soldiers. I had known his sister was in the war as well, but I hadn't heard much from her, or her name. It was mostly 'The Teresi siblings held the line!' or 'The Teresi siblings won the battle!'"

"What happened to them?"

"From what I understood, both of them were killed in the same battle, but less than a year later the younger sibling returned home as if nothing had happened." Vultorus shrugged.

"Camelia was turned into the Sword of Revenge." Akiya answered. "She went to get her brother's amulet from her old home."

"Unfortunately I'd never been down there myself, so I wouldn't be able to tell you where it was. From my understanding, the older parts of the city where her family likely lived weren't attacked until much later. But the shadow dragons simply went for the light sources to let the wildlife kill off the rest."