Chapter 28

Akiya banged Dragoon against Camelia a few times before charging forwards at Mortimer. He raised his sword, swatting aside the shield, only to have to dodge Akiya's blade. When he went to slash forward, Akiya pulled back her sword arm, blocking the strike before punching forwards with her shield arm, slamming the bladed edge of the shield into his chest plate. He roared in pain and jumped back, yellow blood dripping from the gash in his armor.

"I see you got your energy back." Mortimer noticed.

"I guess I share energy with my swords. Camelia is fresh and ready for combat." Akiya grinned. "And we're on her turf."

Mortimer glanced over his shoulder at the beach and crumbled ruins behind him before looking back at her with a vicious grin. "It can't be easy to see your home devistated by war. I can't imagine it's easy on you."

The shield reflected Camelia's face on its surface. Her pink eyes glaring at Mortimer with such hate she probably could have killed him if she wanted to. "This isn't the first time I've lost everything, and it might not be the last. But this doesn't destroy me, or fill me with anger. This gives me a purpose. A reason. I am the Sword of Revenge, and you will pay for the wrong you've caused."

"And how do you intend to do that?"

"For starters, I took your wife." Camelia answered, with a smirk of her own.

"Ooo, fuck, that had to hurt there Morty." Akiya grinned. "But she right."

Mortimer's scales darkened before he roared in rage. Camelia's reflection in the shield vanished as Akiya raised it for defense to block Mortimer's blow. He tried to push her back, but was unable to counter Akiya's own strength. Even though Akiya was running on Camelia's energy, it was still enough to put them ahead.

Hey Dragoon. You want to give me some armor? Akiya called out in thought.

I can do that for you. Dragoon answered. I would advise holding back on using Kronos's power for now. If you need to you may feed off my strength like you are doing with Camelia, and you can even take Kronos's but don't waste his control over time on Mortimer. You may need it to prevent Olexious from escaping.

As Dragoon spoke her demonic armor wrapped around Akiya's body. Mortimer seemed to find the armor intimidating as he tried taking a few steps back as Akiya pushed forward, swinging her sword and shield like she was wielding two weapons. The blood red armor once again making the blue of Camelia's shield stand out.

Akiya kept pushing and pushing him backwards. They soon realized that they had passed Nokiya, Kira and Vadanero and were instead nearing the water's edge. Mortimer's feet splashed in the water before he spun, using his tail to throw water and sand at them. Akiya's armor sizzled at the spray of water, her own boots creating steam as the tide splashed against her shins.

"You don't get it do you Morty? I'm not going to stand down simply because you bitch and moan enough." Akiya warned him. "I'm going to send you back to daddy dearest in pieces because you're an idiot who thinks he's born with the right to have everything. You died because you're a fool, and I'm going to kill you again for the same reason."

Mortimer stood up with a growl. "Do you think I'm afraid of you?"

"How many times do you think you can die before your dad realizes you're useless to him?"

Mortimer swung his sword over his head before slashing it forwards where a blast of black energy shot out from the blade before slamming into Akiya who managed to block with her shield. Her feet slid back and the back of her mind filled with pain as Camelia screamed in agony.

"Camelia!?" Akiya called.

I'm okay! Camelia answered, though she sounded out of breath and in a lot of pain. I didn't expect that.