Chapter 11

"Welcome to Drengskapr." Kira smiled, motioning ahead of them as the group entered into to the town limits. The town didn't seem overly wealthy, but they were better off than Akiya expected when she thought of a village. It seemed more like a small city with homes of brick and wood. They had a wooden wall surrounding the village limits with some guards walking the length of it.

There were lamp posts set up every twenty feet, and the stone path looked fresh like it had been redone recently. The buildings themselves seemed well taken care of with the occasional cracked brick or broken wooden beam, but all in all it looked like a beautiful little village.

It was mostly dragons that walked down the streets with the occasional human or human-like being. The dragons had mostly green and brown scales and they were dressed in casual looking clothing. Akiya had never seen dragons wear clothing before, and it seemed almost out of place seeing a dragon wearing hide clothing, or a blouse. One even wore a pretty blue dress.

"Is it normal for dragons to wear clothing?" Akiya asked her sister who followed her gaze.

"It can be. Dragons who stay in their true form usually wear clothing. Those of us who choose a human form may not always wear clothing in our true form." Nokiya explained.

"So we're basically showing off all our bits then?" Akiya questioned, getting her brother and sister to chuckle a bit.

"Our scales keep our modesty hidden." Nokiya explained. "Since you take a human form over your dragon one, I wouldn't worry about it too much."

"But now I'm curious. Were we conceived in a human form or a dragon one?"

"You should probably ask mom and dad that question." Jurgen laughed as Nokiya face palmed. "I'm sure they'd love to hear it."

"I don't know. I never really thought it mattered." Nokiya added.

"Well, why take a human form? Why not always be a dragon?"

"Because most of the other demon races have a human or human-like appearance. Interacting with them as a giant dragon, or having physical relations with them as a dragon can be difficult."

Akiya went to speak but went silent at the dual looks she recieved from Nokiya and Kira, who both spun around to glare before she could even finish her thought. "Fair enough. I was just curious."

"That's our private information." Nokiya sighed.

"I wish I could read minds, but I'm pretty sure I know what she was gonna ask." Jurgen laughed.

"Can you explain it to me?" Mari asked, barely above a whisper as she gently took her brother's hand.

"When you're older." He answered, lifting her onto his shoulders. "Akiya has a worse mind than I do, and I'm a 'hormonal teenage boy.'"

"You are a hormonal teenage boy." Nokiya narrowed her eyes.

"Hey Kira, how many ex-girlfriends does Noki have?" Jurgen grinned.

"Shut up..." The eldest sister whined.

"I don't think I should answer." Kira muttered.

"Wait, my sister's a player?" Akiya asked. "Nice!"

"Jurgen. I really hate you." Nokiya grumbled.

"Also. Noki? I love that nickname for you. Does that mean I'm Aki?"

Nokiya answered with a shrug as Mari giggled. "I'll call you Aki!"

"I got the nickname from Mari." Nokiya shrugged. "It stuck."

"It suits you." Kira added with a laugh.

Akiya glanced back at Artemis who had taken up the rear of the group. She was watching a few humans move around in trench coats pointing out certain individials.