Chapter 24

Akiya lept off the cliff side first, her boots slamming into the ground. As she hit the ground she looked up and reached out just in time for Camelia to land on top of her, transforming into a shield before impact. Akiya pushed forwards, shield first, throwing some of the dragons out of her way like playthings.

Kira landed beside her, drawing her daggers and cutting through others like razorblades. Sometimes spears of darkness would shoot out from the ground cutting through the creatures that Kira wasn't even facing. Othertimes Zoe would simply lash part of her own body out of Kira's ripping the dragons to pieces like a plague of darkness that surrounded her.

Jurgen was a thunderous roar as bodies were launched from his position as he charged forwards, swinging his mace and throwing dragons into the air effortlessly with cracks of lightning and thunder as his shield.

Akiya slashed with Dragoon, segmenting the blade and slicing through three of them at a time as she did. They quickly cleared the way to the beach, hearing quick swooshes shoot past their ears as dragons simply fell beside them with arrows sticking out of their heads. Akiya tossed Camelia into the air, turning her back to the ocean as Camelia changed back into her human form, landing behind her. She looked out at the water that had tips of buildings sticking out just over the surface. A single watch tower stood just off the shore, though it's top was almost completely broken off.

She turned to look at Akiya as Kira sprinted up beside her, watching as the vampire's eyes glowed a deep crimson.

"I'll be back soon. I promise." Camelia assured Akiya.

"I know you will. I'll be holding down the fort waiting." Akiya answered.

Camelia smiled before grabbing Akiya by her new chest plate where she pulled her into a kiss. She stepped back allowing herself to be swallowed in blue flame, before she towered over Akiya in her bright blue dragon form.

Camelia's dragon form was not built for battle like the other's. Her's seemed like it was designed more for speed and flexability. She had no wings at all, and her body was long and serpent like. Her neck was longer and her head was long but rounded, like it was designed for cutting through water. She had silver horns that branched out like antlers that mostly curled backwards and to the side. Her tail was twice the length of her body, and was vertically flat like that of a shark, like it was used to propel her forwards. The length of her body was covered in fans and frills allowing her to effortlessly control her direction. Her paws were webbed, and her claws, horns and spikes were an almost metalic silver. Instead of wings she had four large flipper-like appendages that flexed a bit before she turned back towards the water. She leaned forwards onto all fours allowing Kira to climb onto her back where she sat just over her shoulders, the dragon's body arched up before she stood on her back legs again, then dove head first into the water.

Akiya couldn't help but stare for a few seconds before her brother grabbed the back of her jacket and pulled her back into reality. "Let's go sis! We have to get through this battle field and meet up with Noki, Artemis and Mari." He told her.

"Right." Akiya agreed. She spun Dragoon in her hand before taking a deep breath. "This'll be a little harder without my battering ram."

"Stay behind me then, and keep my ass covered." Jurgen grinned where he began to spin his mace once more before charging into the fray. Akiya kept right behind him, slashing at anything that dared get close enough to them. They pushed through with almost no resistance, and the dragons who were holding the line were very shocked to see two children crash through them effortlessly.

Jurgen roared back into the shadow dragons as he turned around, his tail thrashing behind him before he stepped forward and slammed his mace down from over his shoulder sending a wave of electricity across the ground. The dragons that were caught in it collapsed, seizing from the lightning that fired through their bodies.