Chapter 22

Camelia and Akiya looked around in awe at the beautiful landscapes of the hunting grounds. They were standing in a small campsite surrounded by a dense forest. The moon was in the center of the sky above them casting a mysterious glow into the trees. Though beyond the small clearing that the campsite was in, the forest itself was pitch black, though with their dragon eyes they could see a few meters into it regardless.

In the center of the campsite was a small stone firepit that was already lit and burning with a high flame. On three sides about a meter and a half away were large logs to allow them to sit. On the fourth side, about three meters away was a large tent with four corners. The fabric of the tent was laced in vines and flowers like the tent was simply created by the world around them.

Akiya flinched when her sister's voice reached her mind. Artemis says you're safe there as long as you stay near the campsite. There are apparently a bunch of monsters in the pocket dimension for her to hunt at her pleasure. As long as you stay near the camp, her barriers will protect you from anything inside.

"Oh good. She sent us into a monster infested dimension." Akiya grumbled.

"What?" Camelia questioned, making her way towards the tent.

"Apparently, we have to stay near the campsite because there are a ton of monsters here that Artemis likes to hunt in her spare time. As long as we're here though, we're safe."

"This place is so cool." Camelia smiled, pushing aside the flap to the tent to look inside.

The tent looked a bit larger on the inside than it did on the outside, but not by too much. Against the far wall was a large double bed, to the left back corner was what appeared to be a old world bathroom area complete with a foldable wall. In front of that was a living area with cushins and a small coffee table with a candle set in its center. The back right wall looked like a kitchen and eating area, and in front of that looked almost like a workstation, designed for stuffing animals and researching them.

"What is this majestic place?" Akiya muttered.

"This is the mind of our dearest Artemis." Camelia grinned with a smile before pointing towards the bath. "Maybe you should go clean up. You are covered in blood and soiled bandages."

"You just want to see me naked." Akiya rolled her eyes.

"It's a bonus." She shrugged. "Though technically I already saw your chest since your sister wanted my help with healing you."

"And? What do you think of my girls?" Akiya winked, walking past Camelia and towards the back of the tent where she moved behind the fold-able wall, pulling it forward to block the entire bath from view as Camelia moved to sit in the living area and wait.

"Eh... I'm not that impressed."

"Oh, wow. I almost feel like you meant that." Akiya teased.

Camelia glanced over her shoulder, watching the other woman's shadow as she tried to lift her shirt over her head only to pause and wince. She tried again, but the same result so Camelia turned her head away, not wanting to watch.

"Hey." Akiya called. "I think I'm going to need help."

"I'm not going bathe with you." Camelia answered, trying to make it seem like she didn't already know that the girl was in pain.

"Oh no, I guess I'll just have to get naked by mys- oh wait! I can't even take my own shirt off. Camelia I know you know that I'm hurt."

"I can switch places with your sister if your more comfortable."

"Don't be stupid. You can't fly." Akiya retorted. "Can you just get over here please."

Camelia sighed deeply and stood up, heading over to her. "It's hard to imagine we're still on a quest to bring the arm band to the front lines to stop a war." Camelia noted.