Chapter 20

The man they assumed to be Kronos stared down at them with a glare. He was clearly examining them to see if he could judge them just by their appearance, but seemed to see something worth speaking to.

"You are this, Akiya Alvar?" He asked.

Akiya let Dragoon rest over her shoulder. "I am. You must be Kronos. That's pretty cool that you have Elysium here to judge worthy opponents."

"Elysium has long since been my protector. You must show great promise to be able to wield time itself into battle. Why is it you want to use me then?"

"I want to put a stop to this stupid war. Olexious betrayed my father, using the shadow dragons as bait the first time to get my father to agree to marry me off to him. When he sent me away instead he openly revealed his control over them and attacked us again, this time with his own armies backing him." Akiya explained. "He's slaughtering innocent people. Look what his son did to the people who lived here in the temple! We don't even know where they are!"

"So you don't know if they're dead?"

Akiya narrowed her eyes. "Are you just going to nit pick my explanation?"

"Many people have come seeking to stop a war. That doesn't make them worthy. Not all wars are noble yes, but that doesn't make it better. That doesn't make it a just reason-"

"Saving innocent lives is good for you? They're attacking Vaporus! A peaceful city that never wanted anything to do with the other wars. They're attacking it, trying to kill and destroy all of the dragons there just to make a point!" Akiya snarled. "They took advantage of the Hunters Guild's fear of vampires to have them attempt to stop us in our own lands! Then they came here and attacked us again. How is that not a just reason!?"

"Vengance-"

"I'm not taking revenge." Akiya's growl verberated in her chest, making the ground quake at the sound. "I'm protecting innocent lives for a war my father accidentally started to protect me. We didn't know Olexious was the one controlling the shadow dragons killing people before, but we know now. If you're not going to help me, I'm not wasting anymore time here trying to convince you. The longer I sit here and debate with you, the more lives are lost." Akiya lowered her sword and turned away from the alter, taking a step down as Camelia looked from Kronos back to Akiya in almost shock.

"You would go through all the trouble of summoning me, then not even bother with it?"

"I don't have time for a debate." Akiya repeated continuing down the steps.

"Then raise your blade. I find your reasons worthy, now I'll test your skill in battle."

Akiya looked over her shoulder almost curiously before looking at Camelia. "You turned into a staff before right?"

The water dragon nodded. "But that's not everything I can do. I can turn into anything you need."

Akiya looked down at her free hand. "I could use a shield. Might come in handy."

Camelia nodded and took Akiya's hand, pulling it towards herself as she was swallowed in a light blue light. When the light faded there was a bright blue shield attached to a bright blue brace on Akiya's forearm. The brace itself had white embroideries, giving it the appearance of waves. A few symbols in the dragon language dotted the brace, spelling out the Sword of Revenge and Camelia's name. The shield itself had only a slight curve to it, and was a perfect circle. It's face looked like that of a shell with a beautiful spiral patern outlined in the same white color as the brace. There were jagged teeth welded into the ends around the shield and Akiya quickly took notice of the fact that they were very sharp, and the idea was to use it as a blade.