Chapter 21

Kronos, at first didn't realize what her goal was by using the chains, until he started attacking. Those chains were not just a defense. They could also lash out and attack with lightning speed as each one's last segment wasn't a broken chain like he thought, but instead a small diamond-like spear tip.

Not only that, but when he attempted to slow down time, all those chains made it very hard to hit anything beside the blue shield, as her armor blended in completely with the mass of chains.

She was able to move inside the mass without being in the dead center, making it very hard for him to hit her even when he got close. Because he knew that he had to strike, then retreat, or be stabbed by a hundred different tiny spears.

"For someone so head strong, I'm impressed that you were able to come up with a plan like this." Kronos admitted.

"I can't take all the credit." Akiya confessed. "It was mostly Dragoon's idea."

"You admit to not-"

"I am my swords, just as much as they're me. If they have an idea, I'm going to listen. Speaking of which."

Akiya, from within her mass of chains, threw her arm to the side like she was throwing a frisby and the blue shield disconnected from her arm and shot forwards. Kronos just barely managed to raise his own shield in time to block the blow, but even as the shield impacted with his, it still kept spinning. Like a dangerous buzz saw, the bladed circular shield spun with incredible speed against his shield, cutting a thick gash into the metal. After a few more seconds it bounced off like it had just made contact and shot back at Akiya who effortlessly caught it back on her arm band like it was magnetic.

"That was awesome! Why didn't we open with that!" Akiya called happily.

Kronos snarled in rage. How was this stupid child giving him a hard time? How could someone like her best him in combat? It was her Swords of Power. Not her. She didn't have any power to speak of besides that odd ability to react without her trying. Otherwise she was just some child trying to be something she wasn't.

Kronos slammed the hilt of his spear into the ground with a glare as he tried to see through those chains to find her body. The only thing he could see was that shield. He could only catch glimpses of those red eyes though the moving mass.

"I've had enough of your games child. You depend on the strength of your swords more than your own."

Akiya scoffed. "Who told you that? I don't depend on my swords. I depend on my friends."

"Your friends are carrying you through this fight."

"I wouldn't say that. I'm pretty sure I'm the one holding them." Akiya said, raising the blue shield.

Kronos could sense the shit eating grin on the girl's face even though he had no chance of seeing it. He was furious. How dare this stupid child speak to him like that. How dare she. How dare she.

Kronos aimed his spear forwards towards her before his eyes turned gold, and crackled with magic. "ENOUGH!" He bellowed.

Akiya froze as did the chains. The flickering of the flames came to a halt as time completely stopped. He walked forwards, spinning his spear in his hand before using it to push the chains aside revealing Akiya standing there ready to fight. An odd feeling washed over him seeing this woman standing before him wearing this devilish armor. But he pushed it aside and pressed the tip of his spear to her chest plate before pushing forward with all of his strength.

The golden spear broke through the dark armor where he pushed forward harder, and ripped the girl off her feet and slammed her onto her back. Time kicked back on again, and the chains all shattered like glass as her back hit the ground. She yelled out in pain as she was pinned to the ground with the golden spear sticking out of her chest. Kronos was sure she had been completely run through as blood began to pool under her.