Chapter 16

Kira gently pushed opened the large double door to the temple and peered through. The moment she stepped through, the rest of them followed after, all of them being very quiet, and very cautious.

The group had quickly armed themselves, drawing their weapons and facing every which way. Making sure as to not be ambushed by the new occupants of the temple.

Akiya looked up in awe, admiring the beautiful red and gold tapastries depicting Itzal's family crest, which happened to be her own. There was a large golden statue of the dragon, donning his armor in his dragon form. A smaller statue stood just in front of it with the dragon leaned over it almost like a guardian. The smaller statue depicted him in his human form, holding his sword with the blade touching the ground in front of him. Both his hands on the hilt as he looked forward wearing his armor with his helmet resting just over his hands and above the hilt.

Akiya quickly noticed that he looked almost identical to her father, though not as ungodly muscular. He was fit, but he truly looked like some divine warrior. His dragon form stood with its hands posed forward like he was about to attack something, his lips curled into a snarl to show off his monsterous teeth. His horns curved to the side like that of a ram or goat, but they were massive. They looked almost too big for his head, and nearly gave him the appearance of a crown. His wings were opened wide, over the entire back wall and reflecting the large metal braziers still lit with a blue flame. His tail curled around his human counterpart, revealing a massive spiked tail like that of a mace.

Before the statues was a small raised platform, accessible by five steps. On that platform was a small alter, looking more like a podium of some kind with two smaller silver braziers on each side, separated by maybe five feet.

This main room seemed larger than life, made larger by six massive pillars on each side of the room. There were smaller braziers hung off to the side, but the light from the alter itself couldn't reach most of the areas behind the pillars leaving much of it in darkness other than a door on each side.

"What kind of dragon is he?" Akiya asked.

"The same as us." Nokiya answered. "He was one of the first Ukiya."

"It sounds like our names." Akiya rolled her eyes.

"We were named after our race after we were separated."

"Aurora was something different." Kira explained. "She wasn't quite a Ukiya, but she was very similiar. She had a son before she was split into you two."

"Wait... You two are supposed to be two halves of Aurora? The Fragment of Elysium that represents Dragons?" Camelia questioned.

"It would appear so." Akiya shrugged. "We just learned that from Dragoon and Draconian just before we went on this trip."

"Doesn't that make you your own great, great grandmother?" Jurgen asked.

Nokiya and Akiya exchanged glances, the silent conversation in their minds very visible on their faces as they both grimaced at the thought. It definately wasn't something that they wanted to think about.

"Focus guys." Kira reminded them as she rolled her eyes. "We need to make sure the temple is clear before we try to find the artifact."

"Why don't we grab it and run?" Akiya asked.

"Because the hiding place is stealed, and they don't know where it is." Kira explained. "If we open it and they ambush us, they could take if for themselves, and we definately don't want that. Them being able to control time does not sound like a good idea."

Camelia glanced around once more before pointing off to the right. "Then we should start exploring the rest of the temple. This is just the main room. There should be a living quarters for the acolytes as well as a room where they keep the artifacts of lesser importance."