Chapter 9: Frozen Peas

I was escorted out of the club shortly after Jet because my crying was causing a "disturbance."

Those bastards just didn't wanna be involved in a lawsuit.

Rose and Ben followed me out putting up a fight the whole time, but it was no use because they were being kicked out too.

When the security guards went back inside I hastily looked around for Jet out of fear, but was relieved when I realized he was no where in sight.

We were near the entrance of the club, where I sat on a nearby bench and I did my best to control my sobs.

Rose and Ben stood above me both looking distressed while scratching their heads and biting their nails.

My crying soon had become out of control again and I was in fetal position when Rose knelt down.

"Give me your phone." She says in a raspy voice "I'm gonna call Nikki."

I sniffle into my hand and fish for it in my pocket before shakily handing it to her.

She flips it open and immediately searches for his name in my contacts. Thankfully he had given me his number after their rehearsal yesterday or this situation would be going very differently.

"What are you gonna say to him?" Ben mumbles to Rose.

"I'm just gonna tell him what happened and see if he can help. I've never seen her like this." Rose mumbles back.

I could hear everything they were saying but I didn't even care. My fucking cheek hurts and tears will not stop coming out of my eyes.

Rose puts my phone up to her ear and a few beats pass before she says "hello? This is Nikki right?"

Ben puts his head next to Rose's on the phone so he can hear the conversation.

"This is Rose, Kaia's friend." She says.

My sobs begin to suppress and I can quiet down enough to where I can focus better.

"Well that's actually why I'm calling." Rose says looking at me "we are at a club and well... Kaia got punched in the face by her ex boyfriend and we were kicked out. She asked me to call you."

There was a pause before Rose says "I mean it doesn't look good, her check is supper swollen."

Ben begins caressing my hair as Rose continues.

"Well that's the thing." Rose says "we got into the club using fake IDs and her parents don't really know that."

Rose pauses again and listens for a second before saying "I already asked her if she wanted to go to the doctor and she said no. She seems to think you will have a better idea."

Ben raises his eyebrows and the anticipation begins killing me as Rose continues to listen to him.

"I can get us one there. Can you just text the address to this phone?" Rose says then pauses "great! Thank you! We will be there soon!"

Rose ends the call with my phone  and then pulls her phone out.

"What did he say?" I sniff, my voice weak.

"He's gonna send his address and I'm gonna get a cab to take us there." Rose says then adds "he said he would pick us up himself, but his kids are with him."

Ben sits down next to me and puts an arm around my shoulder, while Rose calls a cab to take us to the address that Nikki texted to my phone.

...

By the time the cab came to pick us up, it began raining and we were all becoming soaked from the heavy impact.

We tried to avoid getting wet by putting our hands over our heads, but it was no use.