Chapter 16: Kids, Kids, Kiddos

Thursday

The first thing I see when I open my eyes, is Nikki shaking my bed

"Are you gonna do this everyday?" I ask groggily.

He just laughs and leans down and places kisses all around my face.

"What are you doing?" I ask giggling and pushing him away.

"Trying to wake you up." He says like it's obvious.

"It's a little unorthodox don't you think?" I ask wiping my eyes.

"Not to me." He grins while shaking his head.

I roll my eyes and look to the clock beside the bed, and see that it's 9:00am.

"You've gotta be kidding me." I say laying back down and putting a pillow over my head "it's too early."

"Oh come on you big baby, no it's not." He says trying to pull me back up.

"But I don't wanna get up." I whine.

"Well I want you to." He says "so you can meet the kids, their downstairs."

"Oh yeah." I mutter "when did they get here?"

He shrugs "about an hour ago."

"Where's my dad?" I ask scratching my head.

"He went to go check on the house, I guess make sure things were going well. Some women came and picked him up this morning." He says

"Was your name Naomi?" I ask raising and eyebrow.

He looks up "I think so, but who cares. Come on your waisting daylight." He tries pulling me off the bed.

I groan and remove the comforter that was keeping me warm "okay, just let me wash my face first."

"Whatever you say bedhead, we will be having donuts downstairs. Do you want me to prepare your coffee for you?" He asks

I put my hand over my heart "aw you know me so well."

He grins "I know."

I put my hand over his shoulder "just give me like 5 minutes, then I'll be ready to meet the kiddos."

"Okay then." He says getting up and going towards the door.

"Wait Nikki." I say.

He stops and turns to look at me "Yes?"

"What did you tell them? You know about me." I ask shyly pulling my legs up to my chest.

He leans against the door frame "well" he says "I told them you and your dad's situation and that your staying here, not much more."

I nod "okay, I was just wondering. Do they have school today?"

"No silly it's summer." He shakes his head "alright well I'll meet you downstairs."

"Can't wait." I say giving him a cheesy smile.

He laughs and shuts the door behind him as he walks out.

I huff and lay back on the bed for a couple more seconds before I hop out.

I put an oversized sweatshirt on over my thin tank top and shorts, then put my slippers on before going in to the bathroom.

I put my hair up and in a clip and wash my face a brush my teeth, before finishing with moisturizer.

I keep my hair in the clip before leaving the bathroom and slowly making my way downstairs.