Chapter 31: One More Time 2.0

"You know how important you are to me right?" Nikki asks as I begin crying for the millionth time today.

Having sex on his office desk had distracted me for a little bit, but it was inevitable that this moment would come.

We had to say goodbye to each other.

"I think I do now. I was in the important file after all." I say which makes us both let out a laugh.

I had carefully placed the pictures he had given me in my purse, and was clutching onto it for dear life so I wouldn't misplace them.

We had been hugging for the last several minutes and I don't think either one of us had the intention of letting go.

"What time are you leaving in the morning?" I ask.

"I'm leaving here at 9:00" he says "we are all meeting at the airport around 10:00."

I sniffle as I nod into his chest.

"I knew this was gonna be hard." I say "but I also never thought everything would be here so quick."

"Me neither." He says "time with you went by too fast."

"Agreed." I say "but time flies by when your having fun."

He laughs and hugs me tighter "I guess that's true."

We finally release from our embrace and Nikki places an arm around me as we head towards the front door.

"I don't want this to be over." I whine "I don't wanna say goodbye."

He bends down and kisses my cheek, then mutters in my ear "we will see each other again soon."

"Not soon enough." I groan.

I wrap my arms around him again and burry my head into his chest.

"I love you." I whisper.

"I love you too." He kisses the top of my head.

I look up at him feeling the dried tears and some newly formed ones on my cheeks.

"Stop crying." He says wiping them away.

"I know I'm sorry." I say remembering him telling me that he didn't like to see me cry.

He smiles "it's okay, it just makes me wanna do the same."

"And we wouldn't want that." I say sarcastically.

He smiles again and places his hand on my face "it's gonna be okay." He says "it's all gonna work out."

"I already can't wait to see you again." I say.

"I'll send you the dates and you can see which shows you can make." He says.

"Okay." I say taking a deep breath and looking towards the door.

He runs a hand through my hair and sighs "I'll see you soon okay?"

"you will." I say.

He leans down to kiss me, gently at first then more deeply.

I run my hands through his hair and try my best to remember every detail about the way he kisses me.

The way he holds onto me tightly and the way I can feel his breathing quicken when I squeeze his arms.

"I'm definitely going to miss getting to do that." He says after ending the kiss.

"I'm going to miss it too." I say keeping his hand on my cheek.

"I'll call you when we land in the first city." He says.

"Sounds like a plan." I say letting his hand fall.