Chapter 19: Hallway Conversations

Later that Night

"That was such a long day." My dad yawns "I think I'm gonna get some much needed shut eye."

The kids were exhausted from the water park, and so were we from being at the album signing all day.

We all were sitting in Nikki's living room with an empty box of pizza in front us watching a movie. Not very rockstar of these two.

"Night dad." I say as he walks past me.

"Night Kai." He says rubbing my shoulder.

"Night dude." Nikki says "I'll see you bright and early for rehearsal tomorrow."

"Oh definitely!" He waves before going out the living room door.

I look towards the kids to see that Storm and Decker had fallen asleep.

"Hey Nikki." I whisper tapping his shoulder "look."

He looks towards where I was pointing at his sleeping children.

"Tired munchkins." He laughs "I should probably get them to bed." He starts standing up "Gunnar you can stay up till the movies over, then you need to go to bed."

"Okay." He says his eyes not breaking contact from the tv.

Nikki goes over and lifts a sleeping Storm, then nudges Decker to wake him up. "Hey buddy lets go to bed."

Decker groans "uhggg."

"I can help him get upstairs" I say getting off the couch.

"Oh thanks Kaia." Nikki says shifting the weight of Storm in his arms.

"It's no problem." I say "I'm probably gonna go to bed soon too."

Nikki nods then nudges Decker again "come on bud, let's go."

Decker's eyes fly open and he starts stretching "okay." He mumbles.

I laugh "come on dude."

I grab his hand and he leans on me as I follow Nikki out of the living room and up the stairs.

Nikki heads to Storm's room as I go into Decker's.

I pull back his covers and help him get into the bed, Decker passing out again shortly after.

I smile at how cute he looked, then make sure all the lights are off before I leave the room where I run into Nikki.

"Thanks for helping him." Nikki says "He turns into a zombie when he's tired."

I laugh "yeah he pretty much passed out as soon as he hit the bed, is Storm all tucked in?"

He nods "she is, she's such a cutie." He says looking back towards her door.

I laugh "Yeah she is." I say before looking back at my room "I think I'm gonna go to bed."

"Oh okay." He says "I should probably go finish that movie with Gunnar."

"Yeah." I say "I forgot you had rehearsal tomorrow."

"Yeah and it's early too." He says.

"So is the babysitter coming again?" I ask.

"No I'm taking them with me." He says "are you coming?"

"I don't think so." I say "I think I'm gonna hang out with my friends. I feel bad I haven't talked to them all week."

"Oh." He nods "well goodnight." He says giving me a hug, being mindful that we were in the hallway.

I hug him back "night." I say before going towards my room.