Chapter 29: Where it All Began

Friday
Three Days Before the Tour

"This sucks dick!" I groan to Nikki.

He was standing against my door while I finished packing the many bags that I had brought over the last few weeks.

It was pretty early in the morning, and the kids were still asleep. Nikki was keeping me company while we waited for my dad's arrival.

He laughs against the door "just think about Sunday." He says "we still have time."

"I know." I groan "but until then I'm just gonna be at home with nothing to do."

"You'll have your dad." Nikki says "and your friends."

I shrug "but I'll still miss you."

He crosses the room to hug me tightly "me too babe."

We hug for a while before Nikki dips down and places a firm kiss on my lips.

"I love you." He mutters.

"I love you too." I smirk.

He sighs before he pulls back "I should probably get started on breakfast."

"Probably." I nod "you promised everyone you would make it."

"I know." He groans "I'm gonna need some caffeine before I start though."

I laugh zipping up my last bag "I'll join you."

...

Three cups of coffee later me and Nikki had prepared a buffet style breakfast which consisted of bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

We were making fun of each others presentation skills, before our laughing was interrupted by the sound of the front door opening.

We quickly backed away from each other when we heard footsteps coming near the kitchen, where we were.

"Something smells good in here." I hear my dad say.

"I told you I was making breakfast." Nikki says gesturing with his spatula.

"I didn't actually think you would." My dad laughs before coming up to hug me.

"Well I've got kids to feed too." Nikki says setting the spatula next to the empty pan.

"How did you sleep Kai?" He asks me "did you make it home okay?"

"Yeah." I shrug looking at Nikki, thinking about the amazing night we ended up having. "What about you?"

"Yep." He nods "we had an early night anyway, Lane had to get up early so she could finish taking care of some stuff before we leave."

"Oh I see." I nod.

Before he could say anything else, Nikki's kids came running into the kitchen excited about the smell of pancakes.

...

"Thanks again so much for letting us stay here." My dad says shaking Nikki's hand "I owe you one."

He laughs "alright I'll hold you to it."

Our bags were all loaded in the car and our stomachs were full from breakfast.

The last thing to do was to say goodbye to everyone and leave, but I just wasn't ready yet.

"Fine by me." My dad says walking down the porch steps.

He had high-fived the kids before we walked out, while I gave them hugs. I was definitely gonna miss being able to hang out with them.