Chapter 14: Mad Dad and The Janitor's Closet

Warning Mature Content

When my dad was this pissed off it meant one of two things.

The first reason, and the most common reason was that he was tired.

When he was tired, you can forget about him being nice to you because it won't happen.

Nikki once told me this story about one of their tours in the 80s. They had went through customs all night in an airport, I think in Japan.

Anyway none of the band had slept, and so they were all super tired. My dad usually liked to keep loads of cash in his suitcase, and so when the people at customs asked him why he had so much cash he responded with "because I'm rich!"

I found the story hilarious, but then I remembered as a kid him being in terrible moods when he came home from the road. So needless to say he could be grumpy when he's tired.

Another reason is when something catches him off guard. So an example of that would be when Jet had hit me and he lost his shit. My dad was not the type that like to be surprised.

After he stormed in, he didn't bother saying hi to anyone and right away started chugging a water bottle and adjusting his microphone.

The bags under his eyes were noticeable, and his hair was in a pony tail so I know he didn't have any time to do it this morning.

"Uh oh." Nikki says to me coming down from the side of the stage to where I was "looks like we've got a tired Vince on our hands."

We were close enough to hear everything going on, but we were off to the side so that we weren't as noticeable to people on the stage (mostly the band).

"More like you do." I say crossing my arms and peaking at my dad massaging his temples "I'm not living with him right now thank god."

"Do you think he just didn't get any sleep last night?" He asks me trying to look nonchalant in front of the crew members.

I shrug my shoulders "maybe, either that or something dramatic is going on."

Nikki nods "it could also be that."

"You don't think he-" the thought begins to cross into my mind "found out something, about someone, or some people, a.k.a-" I point to the two of us.

"No way in hell!" Nikki shakes his head "he would be over here trying to fight me right now."

"Yeah I guess." I say "maybe you should see what's wrong, just to be sure."

Nikki rolls his eyes "that's not gonna help anything, look I've learned this a long time ago. When something is bothering him sooner or later he will crack and we will know then."

"I guess that's true." I say.

"Yo are we ready to start?" Tommy asks standing up from his drums and looking around.

"Yeah!" Nikki says rushing back up to his side of the stage "is everyone else ready?"

"I've been ready." Mick says dryly causing Nikki to chuckle.

"And Vince are you good?" Nikki asks.

My dad glares at Nikki before he mumbles "Yep."

There first song starts and I go sit over by a better place to watch. The pyrotechnics looked awesome and the dancers were a nice touch too. The show was coming together nicely.

...

I lied about the dancers being a nice touch.

They were at first, then my dad started trying to feel them up on stage. And that's not even the worst part! The one on Nikki's side kept giving him eyes, and bending down in front of him. Fuck these dancers, this is disgusting.