Chapter 26: Stolen Moments

Brandi's POV

"Okay just wait." Sharise reasons "you're absolutely sure it was Kaia?"

I just finished telling Sharise everything I had just saw, not leaving out the disturbing details.

"I'm pretty sure." I say "it all just happened so fast. If it wasn't her, then it was someone who looked and sounded a lot like her."

"Also I didn't know Vince was staying at Nikki's" Sharise says "something about all this just isn't right."

"Yeah and it's the fact that Nikki found himself a new plaything." I hiss into the phone.

"Hey that's my step daughter your taking about." Sharise says.

"Sorry." I mutter "I'm still disturbed if you couldn't tell."

"Their leaving for their world fucking tour in like what?" Sharise asks "a week?"

"Something like that." I say gripping the steering wheel.

"Is Kaia going?" She asks.

"I don't know why she would." I stammer.

"Then problem solved they can't fuck each other if they are in different states." Sharise says.

"The damage has already been done." I say "that poor girl is probably traumatized."

"Not by the sound of what you just told me." Sharise says disgusted.

"Sharise!" I shout "why are you not taking this more seriously?"

"Your right, your right." She repeats "this is bad."

"So what should we do then?" I ask.

"Just don't do anything yet." She huffs "this will kill Vince, we can't tell him. Not that I wanna care, but sadly I do. Kaia's a nice girl."

"Then maybe you and me should just talk to Kaia?" I say "tell her we won't say anything if it stops."

"I'm telling you, it will end when Nikki goes on tour." Sharise reasons.

"You don't know that." I say pulling into the parking lot of the grocery store.

"I just don't think she would listen to us." Sharise says.

"Well maybe not me, but you're her stepmom." I say parking "She has to value your opinion at least a little bit."

"Maybe." Sharise says "I haven't seen her in a while though, I can't just come in hot and lay this on her. She would be mortified."

I sigh laying my head back on the car seat.

"There is one more thing we could do." Sharise says "but I think it would be easier to wait until Vince and Nikki are long gone."

"I'm all ears." I say beginning to massage my temples with my free hand. Still in shock I was even having this conversation.

"We should just talk to Beth." Sharise says "as soon as Nikki and Vince leave."

...

Kaia's POV

Tuesday
6 Days Before the Tour

"Sometimes I think your are actually trying to eat me alive." I giggle as Nikki kisses my neck rather aggressively.

We were in Nikki's bed watching tv, and I was on his lap leaning into him.

"I just can't help it." He says as he grins into my neck. "I'm in a good mood."

"You have been in a good mood recently." I say "why is that?"