Chapter 11: Cigarettes and Grilled Cheese

Warning Mature Content

"I didn't know you smoked." I say looking at Nikki.

We had just gotten back to his house from funny farm, and were now on his back porch making small talk when he had pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"Addictive personality remember." He says blowing out smoke "I can put it out if you want."

"No that's okay." I say looking down at my legs "I actually used to smoke in high school, till my mother caught me and forced me to quit."

"How did you get into it?" He asks inhaling another drag.

"It was side effect of the dick head boyfriend." I laugh.

Ever since the photo shoot I have been feeling so much better about Jet and everything that happened last night. I was still weary of it, but it didn't hurt me to talk about it anymore.

"Yeah sometimes things drive you to it." He says.

"Is that why you started?" I ask.

"I mean this is definitely better for me than the heroine." He says "but I guess you could say that."

I nod not pressing the subject any further, though I will admit that Nikki did not look bad smoking a cigarette.

In fact he looked really fucking good. The way his lips wrapped around the tip, then the subtle tilt of his head as he blew out the smoke.

Nikki caught me staring and laughed "take a picture, it'll last longer."

"Shut up." I laugh pushing his leg.

"I'm just calling you out babe." He says "you look cute with drool coming out of your mouth."

I roll my eyes "I was not staring, or drooling for that matter!"

"Sure you weren't." He says.

I huff and stand up "I'm going inside for some water, do you need anything?"

"I'll just come with you." He says standing up and putting his cigarette out in the ash tray.

"What do you need?" I ask looking back at Nikki as we walk inside.

"Nothing." He says "I just like to watch you walking in front of me."

"What do you mean?" I ask opening the sliding glass door.

"I mean I have a fabulous view of your ass." He says coming in behind me.

"Hey!" I say pulling my shirt down over it "rude."

He grabs my arm and turns me around "it's not rude." He gets closer "it's a compliment."

I can feel his breath on my face as he speaks "is it really?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes." He smirks at me "you should be thanking me."

"Well thank you Nikki." I say sarcastically "thanks for being such a creep."

"Oh you can stare at me smoking, but I can't stare at your ass?" He asks.

I grin "touché."

Nikki runs a finger over my collarbone "so what you said last night." He begins "what's going slow to you?"

"I just mean I don't want to rush into anything." I say.

"So if we had sex right now that would be rushing things?" He asks.

I nod at him "definitely."

"Well what if I kissed you?" He asks.

"Obviously that's okay, since we have done that before." I giggle.