Chapter 18: Intent

After had a conversation with Niahm, the black haired still in restless behavior. He's asking himself if he's ready enough to face those people made his beloved Asuna in suffering. For him it doesn't matter anymore if that person was Asuna's mother or either her family, since the obvious fact about her father didn't even prevent Kyouko in her terrible intention towards their daughter. Even Kouichirou doesn't make any move to stop it, maybe can be consider the fact that he's busy to perform the thing he promise towards the black haired. Kirito carefully made his way into Asuna's room. He looks at her with smile in his façade. Unlike before her state are much better now, having a peaceful sleep.

Two hazelnut orbs suddenly stare him with relief. Asuna reach out her hand into Kirito and he immediately takes it.

"Did you sleep well Asuna?" Kirito in his calm tone ask the half asleep chestnut haired.

"I did have a beautiful dream Kirito kun." Asuna respond with serene excitement.

"What it is?" Leisurely caress Asuna's smooth chestnut hair,

"I dream about the days we spend together with Yui at the Aincrad, I'm aware from fact that were in the game that time, but those moments are one of my treasured memories. Together with our friends and love ones. All the happy moments we shared together from the start of our adventure and journey." Asuna close her eyes as she tried to recall about the past events at her wonderful dream.

"We did had a wonderful and unforgettable memories from the past, miserable occurrences  as well, but we've manage to conquer it because we choose to be strong for the sake of those people we love, for the future we'd promise to fulfill... together." Kirito gives Asuna a sweet kiss in forehead, full of love and empathy.

"I'm not scared anymore Kirito kun, coz I know that you wouldn't leave me anymore. As long as I felt this warm in your hands, sensation of your touch, calmness of your voice and sweet scent of your body." Asuna look at Kirito in the eyes, even without words of respond she know in the deepest part of her soul how this black haired swordsman felt for her, until now she can't hide the happiness and gratefulness she carrying in her hearts, among the woman who felt in love with him, she's the only one he choose to be with. "I know that I'm safe in your embrace, Kirito kun."

When Kirito heard Asuna's words, he can't contain himself to cry. Until now the very words she said was full of sincerity and faithfulness, he didn't know what he had done to deserve this kind of unconditional love she bestow for him, in fact he knew into himself that he disappoint Asuna in many different ways, but still she remained in his side. That's why, just like before he always trying his best to be strong enough, not for his oneself but for the people he loved, and Asuna is the most. The black haired trying his best to restrain the tears but it suddenly drip from his eyes.

"Asuna, I don't know how to respond from your words but I always grateful from the God beyond the thousands stars that he gives a chance to meet you. I already told you everything that I felt, and I know that it's not enough to show you how much I love you." Kirito firmly embrace Asuna.

"You're still a crying baby Kirito kun." Asuna smile genuinely.

"But when it comes to you, I can't contain myself." Kirito respond pouty.

"You're so warm Kirito kun and it seems like your body becomes wide especially your back and shoulder, you can embrace me to firmly that I can't even restrain. You grown a lot Kirito kun." Silent laughs escape from Asuna.

"Did I hurt you, I'm sorry." Kirito immediately loosen the embrace.

"No, you don't....  just hug me firmly Kirito." Asuna receive a nod from Kirito. Both of them suddenly remain in silent, wanted to savor this sweet moment they currently had.