chapter 14

The wind wiped at my face, causing my cheeks to sting as we walked on the hard snow, making crunching sounds with each step. The land was covered in crystal white snow that glistened in the sun. Leafless ice covered tress surrounded us as snow fell gently over the land. This land was strange. Even with all the ice and snow, it didn't feel very cold. It felt like the cool autumn days at home. I looked at William and Leon who both had their coats on as they took in the area.

"We're not far from the Amerthristan Kingdom it's just beyond that clearing." William said pointing to the glistering wide-open span of land. Leon nodded and began walking with me and William following behind.

" This place is so beautiful." I said as I looked across the huge white landscape.

"You're saying that a lot these days." He said, giving me a devilish grin.

" I got a feeling I'm goanna be saying it a lot." I said staring into those breathtaking eyes of his. He smiled and leaned down and kissed me. Instant warmth spread through my body, and I moved closer to him. He pulled back, those blue eyes staring beyond my own.

"As much as I like to continue this, I'm afraid we're going to have to keep walking if we are to save a kingdom." He said taking my hand in his. We had to jog for a few feet to catch up with Leon.

"I'm glad you two could make it." Leon said as I laughed at William's reddened cheeks. Suddenly we heard the unmistakable sound of pounding hooves. I looked up and saw five large men on huge purple stone stallions. The men were in battle ridden purple and silver Armor. Some of the men had scars and gashes on their faces. They looked like they've been in a war.

"are you the Holder of the Stones?" one of the men asked sounding more tired than he looked. I stepped closer and pulled the Coeur De Chakra from under my coat and showed it to the men.

"I am Eva, holder of the stones. We are looking for the kingdom of Amerthrista." I said as one of the men jumped off his horse and walked over to me, causing William had his hand on his sword.

" Eva, the kingdom of amerthrista needs you." The man said a desperate look on his face.

"What is happening?" I asked. The man started to walk back to his horse, stroking its nose.

"A woman named Isha has attacked the kingdom. She has taken the queen and her family as hostages until we give up our elder."

" No! You must not give her the elder." I said. The man must have sensed my urgency because he got back on his horse and turned to the other men, and pointed to one of the other men.

"You, get the holder of stones and ride her to the kingdom, the rest of you give her friends a ride." He said as he helped me up on the other man's horse. Once William and Leon were ready we started to race toward the kingdom.

An hour later we arrived at a huge castle that seemed to be carved out of amethyst. A small lake surrounded it, a drawbridge laid across the lake. We entered the gates, and it looked like a war zone. Guards in the same purple and silver armor lay in the dirt street, badly wounded or dead. The town was dead, there was no people bustling in the street in the stores or out doing their daily chores. When we reached the castle doors. There was no one there to guard the entrance.

We all got off the horses and continued into the castle on foot. As we walked I saw more dead guards, and servants littering the floor. The guards led us down several long halls and to a pair of huge wooden double doors.

"This is the throne room. We will follow you in, and what we can to protect you, you need to free the queen." The man said. I nodded and turned to William.