The Finale of the GMG

As the sun peeks through the window, it's glare hits my eyes which in turn makes me open them. After taking a moment to really wake up, I sit up then extend my arms out in a long stretch. The slightly stiffened muscles in back had loosened and relaxed, making me let out a soft exhale. I look over and remember everything that happened yesterday and my mind is flooded with grief and anguish. Immediately, I wished I could forget about yesterday, as if it never happened. But no, Minerva took Tenroku and Lector. Tears threaten to form in my eyes, small beads of water ready to fall from my eyes and down my cheeks. Quickly, I brush the back side of my hand across my eyes to wipe away any sorrow and pushed the thought out of my mind. "You can't think of that. If you don't win these games then you'll never see Tenroku again," I say to myself, my voice filled with determination. I then get up and go change into my final day outfit. It was a dark blue top and shorts with teal accents and a pair of heels. I then put on a pair of gloves and put my hair up into a high ponytail. 

(What she wears)

(What she wears)

I then make my way to the guild hall. As I enter it I don't pay attention to anyone. I just made my way next to Sting. I'm extremely quiet, worried if I speak that I'd end up crying. Without Tenroku I felt lost, and I could easily see that Sting felt the same about Lector. Sting just looks emotionless, obviously going through his own conflicts in his head. It was as if he couldn't think or feel anymore, as if he had turned into a blank husk of his former self. I can't say I blame him since I'm just as concerned for Tenroku as he must be for Lector. Our guild can't lose or neither of us will see our exceed again. I watch as Minerva enters the room, the way she carried herself making me think that she felt above everyone else, which she did. My eyes squint in her direction, my crimson orbs filled with hatred. Not being able to attack her or stand up to her in any way has made me more than angry. I close my eyes as we go over our game plan, orders being instructed to each member participating in the games. We'll be doing an all out battle against all the other guilds. The leader of each team is worth 5 points while it's members are 1 point. We nominate Minerva as our team leader. I didn't want her to be but everyone else agreed so I didn't have much say in the matter. As we make our way to the arena Minerva speaks to me and Sting.

"Remember win this and your exceeds are yours. Fail and you never see them again," she says, her tone cocky. She obviously felt like she had the upper hand over both of us, which technically she did. Minerva wasn't afraid to rub her smug smirk in our faces when she spoke.

"The only reason I'm not beating you into the ground is for Tenroku's sake. You harm one hair on his head and I'll hunt you down," I tell her and she nods, her smirk falling.

"Duly noted," she says.

As we enter the arena each team has six members, the only people I care about beating is Fairy Tail. On their team you have Laxus, Gajeel, Erza, Gray, Juvia, and Cana. I look at Gajeel with emotionless eyes, pushing aside my love for him as his sister and turning into just a competitor. Right before we head into town Gajeel approaches me.