Reconnecting with Gajeel.

After the Grand Magic Games I made my way to the gardens outside the city walls. I wait for a few minutes next to Tenroku. I didn't want to be at the guild hall now. I know it was mandatory but I couldn't stand to watch Yukino get removed. So I had Dobengal make a "shadow clone" of me so the guild master wouldn't suspect a thing. As I waited for Gajeel I heard footsteps behind me and some talking. I recognized the first voice as Gajeel's and I didn't know the other one. As I stand up I turn around and give a large smile to my brother.
"Well I see you haven't changed a bit. Still showing up ten minutes late as always," I let out a giggle.
He scowls at me and then smiles as he hugs me. "I never thought I'd see you again. Is mom with you?" He asks and I lower my head.
"Gajeel mom didn't come with me through the portal. It was just me," I say as he lowers his head.
"I figured it was too good to be true. Oh well, at least my sister is here with me,''he says with a smile.
"That I am. So who is this?" I ask turning to the exceed.
"Oh this is my exceed Pantherlily," he says as Pantherlily bowed.
"Pleasure to meet you. I hope my little brother isn't too much trouble," I say with a smile.
"Pleased to meet you too I had no idea that Gajeel had an older sister," He said.
"Gajeel's memories were wiped so he couldn't have told you if he wanted to," I say as Tenroku flies up. "Oh this is my exceed Tenroku," I say as he also bows.
"So sis. Why did you join Sabertooth? You could've joined fairy tail," He says.
"While that is true Gajeel I also thought that you were dead," I say. "It had been seven years since I heard you went missing I assumed the worst,"
As we keep talking about what's happened since he left, I can't help but smile. He's turned into a good man. Just like I hoped he would have. Seemed that he did just fine on his own.
"So I hear that you're a dragon slayer now?" I ask.
"That I am. Looks like I'm stronger than you BIG sis,''he says with a smirk obviously tempting me.
"Oh, you think you can take me little brother?" I say obviously accepting his challenge.
"Yeah no magic just a good old fashion sparring match," He says and gets into position.
I smile and giggle a little bit. I get into position as we both start sparring. After about 39 minutes I had him pinned to the ground the winner of our little match.
"Looks like I win," I say as I help him up to his feet. As the moon comes out I lay on the grass. "I've really missed you Gajeel. It was hard to not go and find you all these years," I say as my heart aches.
"Well you're here now. Isn't that all that matters?" He asks.
I smile and nod. Suddenly I heard a loud explosion coming from the direction of the guild hall.
"That sounds like it's coming from my guild! I'm sorry to cut this short bro but I have to go make sure everyones alright," I say as I wave running back to the guild hall.
As I approach the guild hall I pass by someone with pink hair. I recognize him as Natsu Dragneel the fire dragon slayer. I approach him and ask what happened.
"Your so called 'guild' just tossed one of its members aside like she was property and not a friend. I came here to teach that if you're in a guild you don't ever turn your back on family," He says.
"I agree. If your in a guild you take care of your friends you don't toss them aside just because they lose one battle," I say earning a shocked expression from Natsu.
"Well if you feel that way then you shouldn't be in Sabertooth. You should be in a guild that respects its members like family,''he says and walks off.
As I reach the guild hall the guild master stands at the entrance obviously angry. And standing beside him is Minerva. So she's back.... Great.... As he sees me approach he speaks up.
"You left after I got rid of Yukino. Where did you go?" He asks.
"I went to see my brother. Gajeel Redfox. From Fairy Tail," I say proudly.
"You should not be associating with members of another guild Luna. You need to choose between your guild or your family,''he says.
I look up at him with shock.
"Now father I believe Luna's powers would be an advantage for us. No one can wield her magic. Let her converse with her brother. As long as she wins us the games it shouldn't make a difference," She says with venom laced.
Her father agreed to keep me in the guild as long as I won it for them. I turn to Tenroku and Sting approaches me.
"Wait.... Gajeel is your brother?" He asks.
"Uh yeah he is," I say pushing my hair behind my ear.
"Uh when the hell were you going to tell me?" He asks angry.
"I was trying to tell you three months ago! When I wanted to take that trip to Magnolia it was to see him! But you thought training was more important," I say my anger as well rising.
"Well you wouldn't have had to train if you had told me the reason why!" He screams.
"Yes I would have! You don't care about anyone but yourself! You're a self-centered prick! All you ever do is train, train, train. You don't care how I feel just about your own stupid self image. Well you know what I've had it! You only care about you and Lector!" I scream running out of the guild hall.
I left sting there speechless. I ran home and slammed my door. All I did was curl up into a ball and cry. 'Why did I think he'd ever want someone like me?' I sob.
I then hear a knock on my door and Gajeel is there.
"Hey. Why are you crying? Who hurt you?" He asks and it made me smile that he was so concerned.
"It's nothing Gajeel just really stressed," I said with a smile.
"Ok I just wanted to make sure everything was ok you just kind of bolted," He says.
"Yeah I'm sorry just some flame brain came and blew up the guild hall," I say.
"Was it Natsu?" he asks obviously knowing that this has happened before.
"Yes it was. It made me happy knowing that someone outside the guild cared about my friend Yukino," I say.
I let out a yawn and tell Gajeel goodnight. As I go upstairs I crash onto my bed. Sleep finds me easily as I actually have a peaceful nights sleep. I haven't had one of those in 7 years. Seeing my brother again has made everything I've done worth it. I'm glad that he's safe, alive, and still my little brother. These games are gonna be the best ones yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading! I'm so glad I'm getting this story caught up with my new ideas! Thanks again to Free_Doodlez you've helped me with this book so much!