Flashbacks

As I put Tenroku down on the bench once I finished my fight, I relax and watch the other members start their own battles. Watching them spar and fight brings me back to when I was younger. The memories started to flood back to me vividly, as if I was there once again.
~flashback~
I punch the tree and I watch my little brother fall on the ground. He held a look of disappointment, his lips turned into a pout with a glossy shine over his eyes. I turn to him then kneel down a little bit to help him back to his feet. "Gajeel you have to be careful." I say as I ruffle his dark hair.
"But I wanna be like you!" Gajeel said to me.
"You will be when you get older. You forget I'm two years older than you." I sit next to him.
Yes my little brother is Black Steel Gajeel, the Iron dragon slayer. The tough Gajeel has an older sister. I then turn once I heard a faint rustling from the wooded area behind us. My eyes squint, seeing our mother exit the brush with a forlorn gaze. I stand up and run over to her, worry clouding my mind.
"Mom what's wrong?" I ask worriedly.
"Your brother has been chosen to go through the eclipse gate. To the future. W-we won't see him again." She says as I look back at Gajeel tears in my eyes.
"They can't take him without taking us!" I yell.
"Sweetie it's a great honor to be chosen for this opportunity," She says as I run out of the forest.
My mother's cries barely reach my ears, a yell of my name echoing through the woods behind me. Blindly I ran, pushing branches out of my way as I go. A few sticks here and there had sharp edges, making me hiss in pain if they'd come close enough to kiss my skin and leave a small cut in their wake. I keep running as I come across the black wizard. I stay behind a tree as I watch silently, taking slow and deep breaths to slow my heartbeat and focus on the wizard.
"We have the few who have been chosen," I hear Zeref say to the blonde.
"Good we'll send them off tomorrow. Have the families meet at the eclipse gate," I hear her say.
"My little brother will be going as well," Zeref says.
After I hear their plan I make one of my own, determined to not let these strangers rip my family apart. No matter how worthy the cause was I wouldn't let Gajeel go it alone. I ran back to our small house, back through the path I had cut earlier. I run over and hug Gajeel tightly, pulling him off the ground just a bit from our height differences.. He hugs me back with nearly the same force, small tears peaking out from the corners of his eyes.
"It'll be ok Gajeel I'll be right there," I say as I wipe his tears away.
I lead him inside as I walk him to his room. After he falls asleep I go and pack a backpack with a few clothes and as much Jewel as I had saved. I also saved a few snacks. I then go to sleep as I then think of my plan in my head. After the last kid goes through the gate I'll run as fast as I can. I'll come back through one day. And when I do I'll bring my mom back. As morning rises I quickly get up then change into a tank top and shorts along with running shoes. I won't let Gajeel go alone, no matter what happens he shouldn't need to face this by himself. Before Gajeel wakes up I go and talk to mom, carefully slipping past his room to find her.
"Hey mom. I'm gonna follow Gajeel," I say.
"No! I know watching your brother leave is gonna be hard but I can't lose you too," She says with tears. Her gaze darted around the room, her being gone from calm to now frantic.
"Mom I have to go. Gajeel won't have any family where he's going. I have to go. I'll come back through some day I promise," I say as I hug her tightly.
"Sweetie please don't," She says, she could easily stop me by informing someone of my plan but I knew she wouldn't.
"Mom you know I have to go. Please let me look out for him. As his older sister it's my duty to protect him. I'll come back I promise," I say with a smile.
"Ok you can go... But you come back for me. I'll wait till you do but you have to promise me you will,''she says as she has tears in her eyes.
"I promise mom I'll come back for you! Now here's the plan," I tell her the plan and she nods afterwards.
After Gajeel wakes up and we all go to the eclipse gate I set my plan into motion. I watch as each kid is sent through. I watch Gajeel go through before the last kid. I wave at him as I look at mom. She nods at me as I see the last kid go through.
"Moon Beam Speed!" I yell as I start running forward.
"STOP HER!" Zeref yells as I keep running.
I keep running as I pass through the gate as I'm greeted by another woman.
"Why did you do that?" She asks me with a little anger in her voice.
"Because I wasn't gonna let my brother be alone here in the future!" I yelled as I see him on the ground passed out. "Please tell me he's ok!" I look at her.
"He's fine. But you have to get out of here. I'll make sure he's safe. One day you'll meet again I promise but not now let him grow. The eclipse gate removes memories. He won't know who you are," She says as I give him one last hug.
"We'll be together again soon," I say as tears form in my eyes. I then ran into the city and find the orphanage.
~flashback ends~
I wipe the small tears on my cheeks as I pick up Tenroku. I gently wake him up. He's the only one who knows my past. He's also the only person who knows my promise. I aim to keep that promise. Someday I'll go back for her. I watch as Sting and Rogue start fighting two other people. I will admit that they're good with their synchronization. I pay close attention to Sting. The cocky grin on his face, the sparkle in his eye. Everything about him screams cockyness and pride, making him seem like the kind of person who would do anything to keep his image just right. After the fight I watch him high-five his exceed. A genuine smile appears on his face as he talks to him. Something I never thought I'd see from someone so arrogant.
"Well Tenroku shall we go home?" I ask him.
"Sure Luna," He says as his wings appear as he and I walk out of the guild hall.
I didn't know I was being followed by a fellow guild member. As Tenroku and I talk about the silliest stuff. We just try and make each other laugh. As we reach our apartment I finally feel someone following me. I turn my head slightly as I see the blonde and his exceed following me.
"Is there something you two needed or are you just creepy?" I say as I turn around.
"Oh! No just walking," He says rubbing the back of his neck.
I don't look convinced. He looks at me as the moonlight make his eyes glow like sapphires. And the light really brought out his toned abs. I have to turn my head to stop myself from staring as I then continue to walk.
"Well walk somewhere else. Last I checked you thought I wouldn't be there for long," I say snarkily.
I enter my house as a soft blush appears on my cheeks. Damn. I thought he was attractive before but in the moonlight. Wow. I shake my head as I slap my cheek.
"Bad Luna! You can't fall for a guy who would use you," I say to myself as I go and start making dinner. While cooking I started to think, my mind wandering back to Sting. I frowned, realizing I couldn't think of any redeemable qualities for the blonde, at least not of right now. Tenroku falls asleep as soon as dinners done. I put him in his bed as I then hop in the bath in the steaming water. Thinking about when I heard about the battle between Phantom Lord and Fairy Tail. How there was an epic battle between two dragon slayers. Salamander of Fairy Tail also known as Natsu Dragneel. And the Iron dragon slayer of Phantom Lord who was known as Black Steel Gajeel. When I first heard the name I automatically thought of my little brother. But shrugged it off not believing it to be true. But once I saw the picture of the Iron dragon slayer I knew it was him. My little brother. I also heard he joined Fairy Tail after that battle. A year ago the majority of Fairy Tail was said to have disappeared. Hearing that Gajeel was with them I feared the worst. I now assumed he was dead. Tears filled my eyes as I hugged my knees. The thought of my little brother being dead just fills my heart with sorrow. After I heard about Fairy Tail being missing I pushed myself harder. Vowing I'd be the best wizard anyone has ever seen. I'm gonna do it for my brother.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
THANKS FOR READING CHAPTER 3! I CAN'T WAIT TO POST CHAPTER 4! AND ANOTHER AWESOME SHOUT OUT TO MY EDITOR AND FRIEND Free_Doodlez ! YOU'VE MADE THESE UPDATES POSSIBLE! SEE YOU NEXT TIME!