Chapter 1

L O C U S T

L O C U S T

---

Locust struggled to keep his eyes from fully closing. The boredom of history class was making him exhausted. It didn't help that Professor Pitaya was such a boring teacher.

She didn't really have anything wrong with her, except that she taught history in the most boring way possible.

And her room was boring too. No artwork on the walls, just schedules and to-do lists for her students. All the desks were the same boring gray rocks carved to be tables. She had nothing on the blackboard, except for "READ PAGES 100-115 BY TUESDAY".

Her room was the most boring room is Possibility's Dragonet School. PDS was known to be the most exciting, colorful, and inclusive school is all of Pyrrhia. Even more so than Jade Mountain Academy. Just make sure to ignore Professor Pitaya's room.

Unfortunately, Locust's best friend Fern, found this class rather interesting, so he couldn't pass notes to him in class to keep his mind occupied.

The large sandwing/leafwing kept his back straight and his eyes on Professor Pitaya, listening to every word she had to say about... whatever they were supposed to be learning.

In every classroom (and every house) was a window on the ceiling, with a sun-dial clock on the wall. Luckily, the shadow was almost at two o'clock, and history class would be over, and Locust's favorite class could start.

Eventually everyone started getting up from their seats and wandering about and out of class. That indicated that class was over. Locust didn't realize it ended because he wasn't listening, but he didn't mind that.

"Come on, Fern!" he turned to his friend who was putting his books in his saddlebag. "Let's be early for Battle Training!"

"Sorry, Loki." Fern replied, reluctantly. "I have to talk to Professor Pitaya. I'll meet you there."

Locust rolled his eyes and gave his friend a playful nudge before sprinting out of the classroom and into the hallways. Running wasn't allowed, but Locust never listened to that rule.

All of the students were shuffling throughout the hallways, trying to get to their classes or dorms. Locust weaved through them all skillfully, as if Battle Training already begun. Not that Possibility had to worry about a war anytime soon, but Battle Training was still important for protecting their city, especially from the traditional dragon tribes.

Locust almost made it to class before being stopped by someone he didn't notice. The two dragons rolled over and crashed into the wall. "Oof!" Locust exclaimed as he landed on his back and the dragon pinned him to the ground. He opened his eyes and noticed he was being pinned by his Deepwing friend, Cobia. Her purple and black scales glittered in the light coming from the windows. Normally when they see each other, her green eyes sparkle with mischief, but today she looked serious.