Chapter 6

P I R A N H A

---

Piranha couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Pyrrhia was the most amazing continent on the planet... and this dragon was telling him to go there with his entire tribe!

Granted, she did say temporarily, but that didn't mean that his tribe would want to leave once that time is over. They could live there forever, along with the other Rainwings. They wouldn't have to worry about getting eaten by plants or animals. They could eat the freshest fruit and lie in the brightest sun. They wouldn't have to worry about war or fighting for territory, and Piranha could even go to Possibility Dragonet School or Jade Mountain Academy to learn so much more!

Even though Piranha was bursting with excited energy, Tetra couldn't bring herself to smile. "This is a serious situation, and it most likely won't be pleasant."

"How could it not be?" Piranha asked, snapping back to reality. Tetra's gaze didn't waver, though she seemed sad to ruin his spirit.

"Because you're tribe isn't keen on moving." she said, sighing. Piranha's smile faded.

She was right. Every time Piranha would talk about Pyrrhia, every tribe dragon would roll their eyes, or interrupt him. Pyrrhia was the least talked about subject in school, and when they would talk about, the teacher would talk with the littlest of enthusiasm, and most dragons wouldn't even pay attention. Piranha didn't even dare ask Commander Orchid if the tribe could move, since she would probably bite his tail off. She wanted him to focus on becoming a well-rounded hunter rather than daydreaming about an impossible hope.

"I've already tried to tell your tribe they need to move, but they won't listen to me." Tetra continued, gingerly touching the wrapped poultice on her tail. "It's understandable, since I'm a stranger, but I know you can convince them." she turned back to face Piranha, but she wasn't exactly looking at him. She looked as if she was staring into space.

"I think I'm the last dragon they would listen to," Piranha said, his shoulders sagging. "I'm the youngest, and I'm the only one who likes Pyrrhia."

 "It will be difficult, but you have to try," she seemed to snap out of her stare, and was now gazing hard into Piranha's eyes. "Please, for your safety."

The young Rainwing looked away, since her staring made him uncomfortable. "What will happen if we don't move?"

Now it was Tetra's turn for her to look away. "I can't exactly tell you that yet. It's not the time."

"Are you a seer?" Piranha blurted out, but he shut his mouth too slowly. He hadn't meant to ask that question. Instead of getting angry, Tetra looked back at him, and forced herself to smile.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not," she said, a twinkle of mischief showing in her eyes. "You will know all about me in time."

Before Piranha could ask what she meant, there was a knock at the door. He turned around and opened it, and bowed as Commander Orchid let herself in. She glared at Tetra. "Feeding stories into my dragonets are you?" she snarled, pushing Piranha out of the way. He fell against the wall, and gasped as Orchid wrapped her claws around Tetra's neck. Tetra didn't look sacred. Her eyes shone with pity.

"You leave my dragonets alone!" she roared when Tetra didn't answer. Her talons closed in on Tetra's jugular. "If you have business, you discuss it with me directly."

Tetra nodded, and Orchid let go. She hissed at the Deepwing, and grabbed Piranha's talon and pulled him out of the hut.

When the door closed, Orchid whipped around to face Piranha, her pink scales quickly turned red. "What lies did she tell you?" she snarled, making Piranha cower.