Chapter 25

L O C U S T

---

This is going to be impossible. Locust thought as everyone in the group started to talk over each other, trying to suggest ideas for the plan to get in. Locust stayed silent, not having any ideas. The group had to get into the Summer Palace, touch the stone, then get out of the Deepwing Palace, all while trying not to cause a scene. Absolutely impossible.

The arguing went on for a few long moments as everyone seemed to become more and more frustrated. Locust was about to tell everyone to shut up when he felt a little tug on his tail. She turned around and noticed Princess Coral looking up at him. "What's up?"

Locust had never really been a big fan of young dragonets, but this one was so polite, despite being a spoiled princess. Maybe this whole mess changed her. He thought. He actually was quite happy that she chose him to talk to.

"I have an idea, can you tell everyone to be quiet?" she asked, making Locust have to lean in to hear what she was saying. He furrowed his brows, unsure if her idea would be worth listening to, but he decided it was better than this arguing.

"HEY EVERYONE, SHUT UP! YOUR HIGHNESS HAS AN IDEA!" He yelled, and everyone instantly was quiet and looking at him. He puffed out his chest with pride as the little princess climbed up his back and onto his shoulder. Locust didn't yell very often, but he had a big, startling voice when he did.

Once she was on his shoulder she cleared her throat and began to speak. "I know of a secret seawing entrance that is only known by seawing royalty." she explained, smiling. "Even Razor doesn't know about it. It's how we make our extravagant entrances."

"S-she's right." Princess Trout came out from her makeshift nest and sat down next to the group. "You have to go in a specific path to unlock it. It's animus enchanted."

Razor seemed quite surprised to hear this. "Well then, that sounds fine to me." he said, and everyone else murmured in agreement, making Coral puff out with pride.

"I know the Summer Palace like the back of my talon, so I can lead you youngsters through the Palace to the stone room." he continued. "Once I know where this entrance is, I can make a mental map in my head."

"That's great Razor, but what do we do once we teleport?" Piranha asked. "The Deepwing palace is probably crawling with guards."

"I think you're all forgetting that I am a deepwing!" Queen Humpback interjected. "Once we teleport I could treat you like I am holding you prisoner, and maybe Cobia could help."

Cobia nodded along with this plan. "We'll have to act like we're mind controlled, but that shouldn't be too difficult."

"Oh! We could use vines and tie them around our wings, to make it look like we were caught." Emerald suggested, grabbing a few vines from the low hanging branches. Piranha took a couple and examined them. "That's a good idea. I know a knot that's super easy to untie, so we can escape quickly."

"And this mud could make good paint, so it can look like we're wounded." Fern said, grabbing a talon-full of brown-red mud. "I learned in history class, mudwings used to use this mud as war paint. It's also waterproof."

Everyone started to get more excited with this plan, though Locust wrinkled his nose at the thought of putting mud all over himself. But if it will help with getting to Pantala... I guess it won't be too bad.

He glanced up through the canopy and noticed the sun was going down. "We should go at moon high, so they won't be expecting us." he said. "That also would give us a few hours of rest."