Chapter 21

1 whole day. 1 whole freaking day, that Prince Augustus has been avoiding me.

Of course when I told my maids, they just chatted away with their optimistic compliments, "Oh, at least he didn't evict you."
A load of crap.

My dress is a dark olive green, with the straps like drapes hanging off my pale shoulders.
It's sucks up to my chest, exposing my curves.
Then right when it hits my hips, it slides down into a long silky gown with a long train.

My hair has been growing- a guess under pressure- as now it looks longer, with my bangs no longer much noticeable; or either the fact that this is the first time I straightened my hair since I arrived.

Breakfast was just as stunning as yesterday. I sat pitifully, picking at my food, as he trotted around on his imaginary pony smirking his sarcastic cocky ass smile to the other girls.
Jealous? No.
Mad? Where do I begin...
HE IS BEING SO UNFAIR! PLEASE TELL ME WHERE IT IS WRONG TO GUARD MY FEELINGS!?

Rage. Pure rage.
"Delilah, are you okay?" Allissa asks, stunning as always, but sympathy scratching out her smile.

"Yes," I roughly smile, dropping my fork, before someone gets three holes in their neck.

"HAHAHA, Oh Prince Augustus!" screams Piper, as she let's out a fake laugh, all the other girls giggling around her as Prince Augustus hovers above her, smirking at his joke.

I roll my eyes sharply, and stand from the table along with everyone else who was finished.

My room was the place to go.
After curtsying to the Queen and King, I began my travels.

The maids weren't in my rooms, probably running errands for my dress for the Report in a couple days.

After shutting the door, I instantly made my way to my balcony, eager for air.
The rush of air was a sensation to my skin, and well...every part of me. I haven't been outside since the date, so the smell of nature and the fresh Autumn breeze was just absorbingly refreshing.

Before I could think twice about opening my eyes, I hear a rustle of chairs down below me on the first floor of the palace. Not like the dining hall chairs, but like a huge ruckus.

Something's happened...the girls are all down stairs probably chatting away in the women's room, could something extra-ordinary happened without me? I'd be used to it, but just out of curiosity, I get off the balcony, and into my suite.

...The doors open.
I didn't open it...

"Hello?" I ask, talking to myself.
Nothing happens.

It's only been a matter of ten minutes- what crazy thing could happen between then and now?

I slowly make it threw my doorway and into the hall...
All of the ladies rooms are open, as if checked for any company inside.

They only sound I hear is my dress rubbing against the rugged carpets, as I wander across the corridors.

The stairs are just as silent. I step down them, my time previously took.

Once I reach the last stair, I look both ways. The garden doors are open, and no girls or royals are in sight.

"Hello?" I ask once more, echoing across the hall, and it happened almost instantly.

BAM!

A blue and red suit collides into the garden doors, and a pool of blood begins to swarm around it.
An Illéan soldier has just been killed...not just killed, but murdered. He was probably young, with youthful siblings and generous parents...probably just wanted to do this to support his family. He fought for our country, and now I'm more grateful than ever.