Chapter 8

The next week was more than hectic- more like suicidal! Usually if theres was one person entering the selection in one home it would be pretty busy, but with two...it don't even feel like the place I've been staying at, more like a bed and breakfast from how much guests we get!

Thought the best part is dad said Aunt Francine could hang out with me to keep me sane during the last week at home.

Though this morning, it's been a bit more relaxing considering we've only had around 5 visitors and 12 fans, but I just woke about ten minutes ago so I'm pretty sure there will be more.

My blonde hairs tossed into a ragged bun on top of my head, and my t-shirt and pajamas wrinkled from the nights sleep.

I reach over to the dresser picking up my glasses and I march downstairs to see the same family having breakfast.

"Morning beautiful."

Dad says with a laugh. My toes creeping on the wooden floors all the way to the table which Genevieve looks perfect at. She doesn't look stressed and she looks professionally groomed.

"Ha Ha Ha. Very funny." My voice is more like a groan as I scoot onto the stool to eat some eggs and bacon.

"You look, well rested."

Says Genevieve taking small portions of her food.

I just snarl as I continue eating. If I just wake up and you make a snarky comment at me, there's a chance you going to leave crying so she's blessed I have my mouth shut.

"It's fine, you'll get used to it, I think. That's how professionals do it, wake up early and still look well," she eyes me up and down, "...presentable?"

I set my fork down before I stab her in the throat and I swallow my food with a fake smile.

Dad doesn't seem to notice the about to be murder, Maria's eyeing me suspiciously, and Aunt Francine smirking beside me.

"Oh, Gen, I've been meaning to ask you for a favor..."

She eyes me mischievously.

"Can you take that bacon-"

Aunt Francine jumps behind my, covering my mouth so now my insults sound like a bunch of moans.

She leads me into the living room,

"Why are you so rude? Your not like this..."

Her southern voice is full of concern.

"I'm sorry it's just this all together is getting me worked up..." She smiles placing a hand on my shoulder,

"Now if I take you back in there you promise you won't break the vase over her head?"

I playfully pretend like I'm debating but I give in as we walk back into the hall when, as usual the bell rings...

"Ugh, I'll get it!" I call out as everyone watches me stride to the door and open it to the visitor.

"Hello, I'm Marvel. Im sent from Angeles to make y'all sign a contract..."

I roll my eyes and open the door involuntarily and shut it behind the shrimpy man.

We wander into the kitchen as the man with a very distracting mustache walks in.

"I need Miss Primar and Miss Khroker to stay. Whose the mother?"

And Maria raises your hand.

"Okay, then the others need to go."

He gestures his hand telling Aunt Francine and Dad to skit.

"So your the mother of both?"

He says and she nods, and I quickly interrupt.

"No, she's not."

Maria darts her eyes at me once more.

"Then who might be?"

I quickly point my hand to the fuzzy red headed Aunt Francine.

"Fine, Mrs. Mom, come join us."

"Excuse me sir, but that's not her mo-" I cut Maria off once again.

"But she's the closes female I got to my mom."

I say grabbing Aunt Francine's wrist as she sits beside me and the meeting begins. It starts off with him telling us the rules, and asking us specific and I mean very specific questions and somehow he brung up one odd question,

"Miss Primar, are you a virgin?"

I look at Aunt Francine as a smile creeps on our lips and she then corrupts into unsustainable laughter.

I just hold a smile, on my lips as the man stares in confusion...

"Sir...do I look like a virgin?"

I say pointing to my wretched hairstyle and disgusting morning look,

He does a quick nod, and checks the box labeled virgin, while I just nod...saying "exactly."

I guess he caught the right idea that I have never even had a boyfriend.

Anyways around thirty minutes later he collects his stack of papers and begins to walk out, before I say behind him,

"I'll join you."

Of course that caught everyone by surprise, but I honestly did have to discuss something with him.

I shut the door behind Marvel as the sun hit me in the face, but the smell of the spring wind was perfect.

"So what did you want to speak with me about Miss Primar?"

I stick my pale hands in my pockets.

"Well, when I was young me and my father were a six."

He gives me a stunned look,

"A SIX?"

I nod along, "A six. Anyways after my mom died he fell for that Maria Khroker, Genevieve's mom. Anyway, she tipped the government so we could stay with her instead of our shack back at 6. I was hoping that my actual family, back at six, my Aunt that was in there...if she could get the money that is compensated. And if I do loose early, if I could go to 3...instead of a 2. I don't like this place,"

I nudge to the house.

"In fact I don't like the caste...I just want a different place to call home."

I have hope hanging off my breath.

"Wouldn't be easy, but I'll talk to the government. So just to be clear, you want to get paid and treated afterwards just like you would if you were back at 6?"

I give him a reassuring nod.

"I'll try my best, Miss Primar. It'll be a while even if they do agree, because of the contracts but we'll see...I wish you the best Miss Delilah Primar."

Thanks for reading guys! I got 100 reads so far, whoop whoop! Please share this to your friends and more friends and well you know how it works! I love you all so much! Remember to vote and comment!

QUESTION: Do you think Delilah asked Marvel for a bit too much?

Comment your answer! XOXO -Makayla