CHAPTER 30: Cold Flames

Deku's POV:

(FLASHBACK)

When I was in the hospital. Todoroki's mom came to visit me by a request from Kacchan. He thought that since Todoroki and his mom have the same ice quirk. That she could undo the permafrost on my spine. As she was working on unfreezing me. She told me something.

"Please save my son Izuku. I think you are the only one who can. "

"What do you mean ma'am?"

"If his heart should freeze then he'll become a cold monster. No longer fit to be called human again. He will become so cruel that not even villains would want to be around him. My son will become a ruthless killer just like the winter of the artic. If that should happen there's only one way to stop him."

"Gulp.. What's that?"

"If that should happen then I'll---"

(FLASHBACK ENDS)

Todoroki's mom starts walking towards him. She's splitting the ice that Shoto shot out as she is walking closer. I run at her and scream out.

"DON'T DO IT!"

before I could get to her. She hugs Todoroki and puts his head against her chest. She's touching his scar while she says.

"I'm so sorry for everything. I should've been a better mom to you. Instead all I did was fear that you would turn out like your father, But now I'm here for you my little shosho."

A wall if ice separates me from them as Shoto's quirk starts to vanish. Before Shoto passes out. I hear them talking again.

"I love you my sweet baby boy."

"I love you too mom."

Shoto goes limp in his mother's arms. So she sets him on the ground. She moves the hair out of his face. Kacchan walks up to me as I start trying to break the ice shell with full cowling.

"What's going on Deku?"

"She's about to kill Todoroki and herself. "

"WHAT!?"

"she said in order to thaw a frozen heart. It must be cooled with the life of another ice user. This will also kill the one who's heart was frozen because of the damage done to their spirit."

Kacchan tries to help me break the shell but everytime we do any damage. It Regenerates stronger. Soon we see a bright light coming from Todoroki's mom. Then the light moves to the top of the shell. Right as we were about to use an ultimate attack to break through. The shell started forming spikes to keep us back. Within a moment or so after that. The light that was Shoto's mom. Turned to snow and started falling on Todoroki. I somehow activated black whip again and broke the shell that resembled a snow globe. Before we reached him. He was completely frozen solid. A few pro heroes arrived to see what was going on. I was in disbelief. because I couldn't save Shoto's mom. I even promised her that it wouldn't come to this. That I would save her and her son. Kacchan snaps me out of the depression by hugging me and asking me something that I wasn't expecting.

"Look Deku just because we couldn't save some. Doesn't mean we aren't heroes. The point is to as many as possible. You can't be everywhere and save everyone okay? Look I know this isn't the best time but I wanted to ask you this anyway."

Kacchan pulls something small out of his pocket and puts it in his mouth. Then he kisses me which snaps me out of it. When we break from the kiss. I pull a ring out of my mouth that Kacchan kissed into mine.

"What do you say? Wanna be ... ya know? "

He mumbled just loud enough for me to hear.

"Future Mr. Izuku Bakugo?"

I responded with.

"No..............Because future Katsuki Midoriya has a better ring to it wouldn't you agree? HAHAHAH!"

"AAAH forget it! grrr"

His face was so red that he had to turn away from me. I gently grasped his chin and moved his head. So that we were facing each other. Then I kissed him with every bit of passion I could offer. Before we knew it. My hands are clasping his cheeks as his arms are wrapped around me tight. When we break from the kiss. I finally said yes to his proposal.

THE END