Lunch time

Little did Virgil now what lunch was.

At most schools, lunch would be a time for eating, talking with friends, catching up with homework. But not at this school.
It was more like a riot or a zoo.

The second the bell went children were scrambling out of their classrooms, ignoring the yells of teachers, and spiriting to the dinner queue. And Virigl had it easy.
To star with it was a Monday. And no-one wanted the "meat free Monday" slop. And second, he was a Year 9. They can push around younger years, unlike some year 7s who get crushed under the weight of hormones and depression.

Virgil was walking with Deciet and Logan, who were trying to explain the 'food chain' in school.
"So imagine like the teachers, there is an obvious order. Head teacher, then depute, then head of departments and then normal teachers, with the dinner probably people and janitors coming last."
"Now, where would you be?"
"Me?" Deciet asked, "Out of the students I'm probably third tier. Logan's fourth tier and Remus is second or fourth tier."
"Why does Remus have such contrasting tiers and what do the tiers mean?" Virgil replied, still flicking through his English book.
"Well, we've decided that there are five levels of popularity in this school. The top tier are like the popular 'peeps' the ones who have a hoard following them. Second are pretty average, like they are well off, but close to the top tier. Third and fourth you might as well be invisible. And fifth tier you would want  to be invisible."

"Wha-" Virgil began before bing cut of by an overly chirpy Remus. "Guys, I had the most amazing flash thought and story idea!!!"
"Which are?" Logan sighed.
"What if there were like two types of humans and they had to prove their worth!"
"Wow, Remus that's an actually thought out and clever ide-"
"And they have to show dominance by killing each other in the most revolting ways and/or having sex with them and being top!!!"
"I retract my previous statement, that was neither thought out nor smart."

While this was all happening Patton came over to the group and they were discussing the possibilities of Remus' story.
"Could it become a metaphor for society?"
"Probably."

"Hey kiddos! How are you?!"
Logan and Deciet sighed, "We're older than you Patton..." they both said in unison.
"Well I know that's a fib - Dee aren't you born in February? I'm born in January."
"I'm born on the third of October."
"If you say so kiddo. Anyways Virigl let's go sit down! I saved you a seat!" Patton called, already making his way away from the group. A cookie in hand, he sat back down with his large group. There were about 13 people on that table alone - a seat still saved for Virgil, right next to Patton - even though there were people sharing seats.

Virigl said bye to the group and made his way to the table, glumly smiling at Logan, Dee and Remus.
"That's a shame - thought he was cool." Dee claimed, shrugging, "But he's like a first tier already. And if he sits there, doubt he'll come back here."
"But Remus, aren't you the guide, so don't you have to look after him, surely that's your role."
A spark lit in Remus' eyes, like a piece of dynamitc chaos blowing up, taking out everything near it in a sweep.
"I just need to talk to Roman..."

Roman was currently sitting on the 'popular' kids table, swarmed with tier two and three trying to work their way up. He sat like a king on a throne; no-one bothering him or saying other wise, with this dramatic actions flailing as he continued to tell the tale of the last party he attended and plans for the next.
When Remus sprung behind, putting him in a friendly headlock, "Bro bro, I need your help!" The people on the table either not caring that Remus was there and the rest were transfixed on his odd and energetic actions - like Roman's but with more...

'Personality'