Chapter 11 - Grounded

"Omg what has happened?" I shouted as I went over to him and knelt by the side of him.
"I cut it on the tree when I stuck my leg out"
"Oh no this is all my fault. I wish I never dragged you into my life."
"You didn't drag me. I dragged you and I'm glad I did"
"But look at you!"
"It was all worth it" He said as I blushed
I helped him stand up in the treehouse and handed his crutches to him. He used them to see if he could move but when he put pressure on one of the crutches, it slipped and the bottom bit snapped. I grabbed him before he could fall. He was in a right state and it was all my fault. I started crying because I knew it was all me.
"Stop crying Megan, it will be okay" he said almost crying himself
"I can't help it I'm sorry" I said quietly
I also knew I had to get back to the house because Lucie is probably still waiting for me. I was thinking of calling the plan off because he wasn't mad at me, but I wonder whether I can still surprise him with a present or a party to show how sorry I am for all of this.
"What do we do?"
"You have to help me Megan"
"Can't you call someone on your phone?"
He looks down at his phone and says "It's dead... you're going to have to carry me to the house"
"I won't be able to lift you"
"It's worth a try"
So I stepped down from the treehouse and he dangled his legs down and put his good leg on a few steps down from the top and then he jumped.
I caught him but also fell to the floor.
"Are you okay?" he asked
"Yeah" I replied
I stood up and he put his arm around my neck. I grabbed held of his hand for more support and we made our way to the house.
A few minutes into the journey Ryan stopped.
"What wrong?" were almost there" I said to him
"My leg aches so much; could you lift me to the door?"
"I could try"
So I picked him up in the way that he did for me when I had to go to the hospital yesterday. He wasn't actually that heavy; he was quite skinny but had some muscle on him. He was about 5"8 so only a little bit taller than me. The heaviest part was probably the cast he had on.
It was only a little bit to go until we got there and it got harder as it went along. But we made it. I decided to go through the front door as Ryan needed help. So I stopped thinking about myself for a change and started thinking about him.
We stepped in the door and it was quiet. No one was around but just then Paul and same came sprinting in looking worried and angry at the same time. Paul instantly took Ryan from my arms and lifted him into the office where Sam guided me to follow.
She told me to sit in this weird red chair opposite the desk while she made her way around it to sit in front of the computer. I looked out the window to see Lucie walking into the kitchen and gave me a dirty look.
"How long is this going to take because I need to talk to Lucie" I asked her
"So I guess you've said hello to some of them?"
"Well only her" I replied
"This is going to take as long as it needs"
Sam wasn't as nice as Paul, I could tell that she really didn't like me. I Looked over at Ryan as he was getting treated my Paul at the other end of the room.
"Where were you last night" Sam asked trying to stop me from looking at Ryan
"Out" I replied blankly
"Where?" she asked
"A place" I replied. I wasn't going to tell her. Paul knew that the treehouse existed but he doesn't know that I know about it and I don't want Sam knowing. She will never let it go and she would never let me go out again.
I looked around the room to see where the filing cabinet was because I guess that's where the files would be. Sam opened the drawer underneath the desk and I heard a rattle of keys when she was getting out a piece of paper to write everything down. That must be the keys for the filing cabinet. I just needed to get into the office somehow. I kept thinking of a plan to break in without making any noise.
"What place?" she asked not looking impressed.
"I'm not telling you"
"Okay you're grounded" she said.
"Fine then" I replied crossing my arms.
I looked at Ryan and could see that he was happy that I didn't tell her about 'our' place. He nodded with a smile so I subtly smiled back not giving off any signs to Sam.
There was convocation between Ryan and Paul that I listened into because I was ignoring Sam.
"Now that that is bandaged up. You should get some rest" Paul said to Ryan
"Where?"
"Anywhere you like?" he replied
"Can I go to my room?" Ryan asked
"Yes of course you can. Do you want me to lift you there?"
"Yes please"
Then Paul lifted Ryan up the stairs to his room. I thought he would stay downstairs so he could talk to everyone but he decided to go to his room and not talk to anyone?
"Agreed?" Sam said to me.
"Excuse me?" I said not realising what had been going on as I had been too busy listening to the convocation between Ryan and Paul.
"you are not to come out your room for the rest of the day apart from lunch and dinner agreed?"
"yes okay"
I didn't really mind this because I knew that Ryan was in his room all alone and so was I so we kind of did it together. So I walked up the stairs taking my time and went into my room. It was so bare and empty. I had forgotten what it had looked like as I hadn't been in there for so long. I was imagining Lucie's room to be in my room.
Then I remembered the plan. I was going to have to do it at night when they are all asleep. That way Lucie won't have to get into trouble and I get to find out more about Ryan.
I sat down on my bed looking at what my room was actually like and then I hear a knock at the door. It was Paul. I looked at him for a second and the continued looking around my room.
"You can paint it tomorrow if you like?" Paul said
"Nah I like it plain"
"Have you seen some of the other rooms?"
"I've seen Lucie's"
"Yeah her room is a work of art. That's taken her years to do."
"I would like something like that but I don't want to copy her"
"Well, we have a huge range of colours to choose from and whilst you're grounded you could maybe unpack?"
"I don't have much to unpack plus I don't have a wardrobe" I said
"Yes you do" He replied. Then he walked over to the wall and slid the door open to reveal two new rooms. One was a walk in wardrobe like Lucie's and the other one was a bathroom.
"This is one of the best rooms in the house"
"This place is amazing"
"Does that mean you're going to spend more time in the house?"
"Maybe?" I laughed.
"I'll leave you to settle down" he said as he walked out.
Just as I was unpacking all of my clothes, I heard tapping. It was getting louder. And faster...