Chapter 13 - The Makeover

After lunch, I decided to go and socialise with the others. I hadn't had much of a chance to do it yet and I feel a little bit safer around them as Ryan was sitting down watching TV. I spoke to a girl named Katie. She had long brown hair like mine only in a better condition. She looked amazing. She was really pretty and just everything she did was perfect. She had nothing wrong with her?

"Hi" Katie said to me in her perfect voice.

"Hello" I replied back sheepishly.

"You're new here aren't you?"

"Yeah, I got here yesterday"

"How's it been?" she wondered

"Not great, how do you look so amazing. My hair is all matted?" I replied

"I can give you a makeover if you like?"

"Erm sure okay"

We then walked up the stairs to the top floor. We went really high and by this time I knew I wouldn't be climbing up to her window.

We walked into her room where her walls were painted a coral pink. Everyone's room looks so nice. Mine's just white. I sat down on her bed as she got a big box of makeup out.

"Hair first?" she asked.

"Okay" I replied with a smile.

She got the hairbrush out and started unknotting my hair. It hurt quite a bit but her hair was amazing and I was hoping that it would turn out like hers by the end.

"Do you want it curled?"

"I want it like yours, it's so nice" I said

"Thanks" she replied

Her hair was sort of wavy. It wasn't really strict curls they sort of fell loosely. She was like a celebrity. She was so glamorous.

She got out her curlers and took a section of my hair. She wrapped the ends round the pipe and rolled. I could feel the heat coming off them onto my face. Whilst she was doing this, I was thinking about all the things that had recently happened. I wondered what dad was doing right now and I wonder if he knows I'm in here? I doubt he cares that much but I wonder what mum is doing right now. Do you think she remembers me? It's been so long. I couldn't even remember what she looked like. I remember that she was really pretty but I couldn't visualise her.

About 10 minutes later she lay the curlers down on the side and turned them off and unplugged them.

"Done" she replied with a smile and a little jump. She looked really pleased with herself for it so I could tell that it was going to be good "Okay now for some makeup. You don't need a lot. You are a natural beauty"

"Thanks" I blushed

She got the brush and rubbed it over my cheeks. She applied mascara and a bit of eye liner.

"What do you think?" she said as she held up a mirror in front of my face.

"I love it, thank you so much for doing this"

"No problem. But one thing before you go and show everyone"

She reached into her wardrobe which was like mine and came out with a really nice outfit.

"Put this on!" she said all excited.

"Are you sure? These are your clothes. I don't want to just take your clothes"

"Don't worry we share a lot in this house"

"Oh okay thanks."

I went into the wardrobe section and got changed. It was a short denim skirt and a black vest with a crop top and a long unbuttoned T-shirt over the top. I walked out of there to show her what it looked like.

"Wow that looks amazing on you! But one thing, when was the last time you shaved your legs?"

"I've never done it?" I replied

"Why not?"

"I couldn't"

"Oh right" she said thinking

"Come with me" she said hinting for me to follow.

We walked into the bathroom down the hall which she shared with two other people.

"So what are we doing?" I asked her.

"We are going to wax your legs" she said also excited.

"Wont that hurt?" I asked

"A little bit, but not for very long and it's worth it"

"Okay"

She grabbed a wax strip from the large box under the sink. She rubbed the strip between her hands to warm it up. She separated the sheets and I lifted my leg up onto the bath. She then placed the wax strip on my leg.

"3, 2, 1!"

She ripped it of my legs and collected loads of hair. I let out a scream. It was a lot more painful than she said it would be but it was worth it she continued waxing using about 30 sheets.

By the end, my legs were all smooth and looked really nice. I've always worn trousers so my legs had always been covered up.

I felt a lot better about myself now that I've had a full makeover and I really wanted to go and show it off now. We both walked down the stairs. However, it was really hard to walk in heals so I almost fell down the stairs a few times.

Once we got to the bottom, we both walked into the games room where Ryan, Taylor, Harry and Lucie were all sitting watching TV. When I walked into the door I got a few gasps and I looked at Ryan and he had his mouth wide open in amazement. I really wanted him to like me. I sort of liked him but I wasn't sure.

I smiled at him and then went to sit next to him.

"What are you watching?" I asked him.

"What sorry?" he said still amazed at my recent transformation.

"What are you watching?" I asked again laughing.

"Oh I'm not sure" he said smiling.

"Okay" I replied also smiling.

"Do you want to go out?"

"Excuse me?"

"To our place" he said quickly .

"Yeah sure" I said giving out a little giggle.

"Paul won't be long" he said.

"Doing what?" I asked .

"Getting the wheelchair out of the office. He said he knew where it was 10 minutes ago but I don't think he does" he laughed.

"Okay we'll have to wait then"

We sat on the sofa next to each other for about 5 minutes until Paul came in with the wheelchair. We were sitting really close because Taylor was taking up most of the space lying down. Being inconsiderate.

Once the wheelchair arrived, Ryan moved onto it.

"We are just going out" Ryan said to Paul as he left the room.

"Okay be careful please you two. Is your phone charged?" Paul asked him.

"Yes" he replied.

"I'll be back in a sec" I said to Ryan as I ran up the stairs as fast as I could in my heels. I went to my room and looked for the money. Seeing as Ryan couldn't get up into the treehouse, I thought that we could get a Starbucks or a Costa. Once I grabbed the money, I realised I didn't have any pockets. I took £50 out of it and then ran back downstairs and asked Katie if she had a bag I could use. She said that I could go into her room and choose anyone I wanted. So I went into her room and borrowed the blue over the shoulder bag and put the money in.

Once I got downstairs, I wheeled Ryan out the door and we started talking as we made our way to our special place.