10

"wait for how long did you wait?"

"45 minutes" renjun's mouth formed an 'o', he really wanted to spend this day together, huh.

-

after their small talk, that night jaemin got into his bed the happiest he has been in the past months. he softly slept until an undefined hour of the morning, not long past three.

he didn't really know why he woke up. he went to the bathroom anyway. when done he came out and sat on the edge of the bed.

"damn, i have a crush on renjun." silence.

he thought a bit about that statement, he liked huang renjun. his face, ears and whatever extremity of his body reddened.

he kneeled on the ground trying to cover his face with his hands. his mind was going way too far than he wanted it to. now that he really thinks about it, renjun's lips look really soft and pink.

he suppresses a wild noise, he had never heard something like that coming from his own mouth.

he jumps a bit, then moves to the mattress and hits it. punches the air and all that being shy act. he needs to tell someone. he silently exits his room and goes to the entrance wears his shoes and a coat.

"lee jeno!" no reply. before going out of his room he picked a small bouncing ball and throws it at his window, na jaemin a man with no fears.

jeno from his room wakes up from an odious noise of something bouncing on the window, it couldn't be any other than his best friend. he already knows what's coming, he's getting ready to go outside already.

"what's the matter this time? it's fricking 3 am you ass-"

"i like huang renjun."

"ok, good night." jeno wasn't having his shit, he wanted to sleep and his friend's first crush wasn't going to interrupt him.

"hold up!" he stopped him with all his strength, too much for a person who just woke up.

"what should i do! jeno!! this feeling is just really weird~ i feel like kis-kiss-... KISSING HIM!?" he was amazed by his thoughts. "i get it, you have the fattest crush on him, BUT ITS 3 AM, can we talk about it later, after i slept my 8 usual hours?" jaemin begged him to just bare with him, there's no way he's going to fall asleep when he's all this hyped, nervous and happy? is it weird???

in the end, jeno gave up, tightened his hoodie and got on the ground. doing this wasn't mentioned in the contract jaemin made him sign back in 1st grade.

he listened for a while to the other babbling about feeling weird, but this was taking too much for him.

"so, this isn't going anywhere. do you feel gay? or is it just him?"

"g-gay? i've never thought about it... i mean, i do find some men attractive, but like objectively, i guess..?" jaemin got on the ground as well.

"but, yeah, i think renjun is attractive, more in a pretty way. not like a woman, just renjun pretty..??"

"that's not a standard i can get. sure renjun is objectively pretty, but is it the same as seeing a woman or not?"

"i don't know... maybe? it's just that he's way too pretty. i'm shocked by his smile
like i've been hit with a punch, i can't come to my senses, i feel like fainting. it's so hard to explain!"

"you're really weird my friend."

"this isn't helping either!"

"not in a bad way, don't misunderstand. it's totally fine, i've been friends with you since i can remember, i'm not gonna drop you because you like a guy or a girl, i'd be willing to help you bury a dead body, this is nothing. the fact that you can't even put what you're feeling into clear words is so strange. usually, you're pretty straightforward." both of them were thinking, occasional outside sounds were all they could hear. no word was talked.

"maybe i'm mistaking? am i just in the high of the moment for finally being on talking terms with him?"

"to me, it seems more like you're head over heels for him, however you prefer."
jeno patted jaemin's shoulder and hugged him sideways.

"you're probably right. what should i do now? confess?"

"don't. it's too early, you just started talking. don't creep him out."

"creep out who?" renjun said as he was walking closer to where they sat.

it's 3 am why in the world was he awake and out there!?, i'm just writing down their thoughts, don't mind me.

"w-why are you here?" jaemin stuttered. "could ask you the same thing." jaemin and jeno awkwardly laughed. "just getting some meds at the drug store."

"you're not feeling well?" jaemin asked. concern obvious on his face. "no, those are for my bun'." renjun said dangling the plastic bag he holds with various medicines for his bunny.

"so you're here enjoying the three am sky, you are sleepwalking or just normal routine?"
renjun asked, waiting for a reply.

"just cuz', yeah, we always do it once a year. what a coincidence meeting you today of all days. ha.ha" for some reason jeno was even more awkward than jaemin, what the heck jeno you're making it even more suspicious than it already is!

"cool, i enjoy the night view, can i come too next year? not this late, a bit earlier, the clouds all go away usually and you can clearly see the moon and the stars." he sighed. "i'll get going, i won't let moomin die, i cherish him more than both of you together. see ya." said moomin was doing fine, his owner renjun was just way too anxious.

"that hurts right here." jaemin dried his fake tear. jeno hit him.

"yah! that was close. he almost caught us!"
jaemin sighed. " now or later he'll discover it. it's not like i'm that good at hiding it. i'll probably end up kissing him on the heat of the moment one of these days anyway."  he laughed at himself.

"i'll go to bed too. bye." jeno waved him as he disappeared beyond the gates of his own house.
eventually, jaemin too returned home and slept. maybe.

🗻🏜🗻🏜

thanks to who helped me choose jungwoo's bf!!
this is my favorite chapter so far. i think it's really cute an all 🥺