23

jungwoo sat on the bench and patted the spot beside him, jaemin did so. "tell me all about this.."

"renjun, his name is renjun"

-

"first of all, he's either too lunatic or you skipped some things." jungwoo said after jaemin ended the story of their so-called friendship with renjun, he was tapping his chin, wondering what advice he could give him.

"to me this renjun sounds pretty gay." jaemin's eyes widened, " no way! don't joke around with this matter, you're giving me false hope."

"jaemin, listen to me carefully." jungwoo's voice became more serious from the soft tone he had previously, he placed both hands on his shoulders making eye contact, "i'm gay as well, i have a sense for those things. the hugs, the eye contact, holding hands, the weird teasing acts he does, if he was straight he wouldn't be this clingy with a guy. moreover, he's chinese, it's not one of their cultural things."

"even if he is, that doesn't mean he likes me, what should i do?" jaemin asked breaking their contact and getting up pacing around the proximity of the bench. "i myself don't believe in your crush as long as you have a girlfriend." jungwoo judging face appeared. jaemin stopped in front of him, "but!"

"no, but. i know you feel bad, she's your friend, that's it. let's say renjun does have a crush on you, it's like an unwritten rule to avoid guys who have a girlfriend." jaemin whined a bit and ruffled his own hair, this is getting complicated.

"really?" jungwoo nodded, he can't wait to see jaemin discover this world. " ok! the first step, break up with your girlfriend." he placed his index finger in from of him, jaemin nodded his head once. "second, stop being annoying and do something sweet for him. you said he's an artist, some paint should do." he raised another finger, jaemin nodded twice. "third, when the timing is right, tell him BUT don't initiate the kiss, or you'll scare him." jaemin's cheeks reddened. he shook his head, "hyung! i-"

"you what! have you noticed how many times you've talked about his so called 'soft lips'? at least thrice!" jungwoo complained, "that's not true!" jungwoo scoffed, "so you don't want to kiss him? i'll ask that jun kid then."

" no no n o. i'll kiss him myself!" jaemin exclaimed, "don't!"

"then i won't, i won't!" jungwoo laughed, he probably made jaemin more confused than before they had this conversation.

"that's about it. now let's go, doyoung is probably worried about me." jungwoo got up and brushed away the dirt from his back, "hyung, how did things end up between you two?"

"see yourself!" jungwoo stook out his tongue and rushed inside, jaemin sighed, sometimes he wonders how he's the older between the two of them.

"let's hang out more often, this is your last year isn't it?" jungwoo asked, it was late. they exited the place, he was leading the way happily hopping. "yes, maybe we could go to the beach next time." jeno suggested, haechan agreed. jungwoo giggled by himself, occasionally glancing at jaemin. "let's invite renjun too!"

jaemin shushed jungwoo, embarrassingly covering his mouth begging him to not go further. "oh you're talking about the bet you and ren had?" haechan said, "the contest one? yeah, i'm confident he's going to win." jeno continued.

"even though i would have enjoyed seeing jaemin without eyebrows.."

"what!?" jungwoo laughed, "you didn't tell me about that!"

"how do YOU even know?!" jaemin upset by the sudden situation. apparently renjun told everyone, their sweet promise became public domain.

renjun dropped himself onto his bed, he really wanted to crawl into himself and cry because of despair. jaemin's face kept on popping in his mind, he could swear to have seen his bunny, moomin, become him for a second, and still, he couldn't think straight enough to conclude the painting.

"ARGH! why did i agree on avoiding him before finishing this fucking painting!!!" he screamed picking up the said canvas almost throwing it, if it wasn't for his mother, who interrupted him just in time before the irreparable.

"things aren't going as i expected, huh." she embraced the scared bunny bouncing around the room, moomin. she walked up to his son, sitting on the chair he was previously sat on. "hm, looks good." she smiled, brushing the bunny's back.
"i don't know anymore! it doesn't look as heavy as it should." he mumbled from the bed he was laying on. "heavy? why should it be heavy?" she asked. "i mean... argh! i can't even talk properly anymore. heavy as full of feelings ??" it sounded more of a question than a statement. "well, i can clearly read your feelings." she reached his finger out underlining an imaginary word on the canvas. "frustration." she chuckled.

"renjun, you don't have much time left to end this piece, it's by the end of this month, isn't it?" he nodded. "i know it's hard and uncomfortable, but push aside your crush and forget it for a moment, i know how much you care about this piece, just finish it off, then you'll be satisfied." she posed the bunny on the carpet and proceeded in hugging her other cute creature.

"thank you." renjun whispered, he always feels shy when expressing his affection. when his mother left, he did some stretching, he paced around the room with his favorite brush in hand already covered in paint. after some laps he stopped in front of his painting.

"I JUST CANNOT DO THIS." he dropped his brush into the water glass and stomped out of his room.

yes, he was going for a walk. more of a run actually. as per usual.

outside of the park gates he found jisung, probably walking back home from his part time job at the convenience store. "JISUNG!" he screamed as he was getting closer to him.

jisung slightly jumped, when be heard his name being called through his earphones. he turned and saw renjun running some feet behind him, his first instinct was to ran with him and so he did, he waited for the older to catch up with him and then followed him.

"what's up hyung? you scared me." he asked still distraught by the sudden greeting. "oh, nothing, i just wanted to have company." he explained.

"actually, now that i think about it, could you perhaps do me a favor?"

"well it depends, firstly what do i get in exchange and secondly what is it?" renjun rolled his eyes, jisung reminded renjun of himself from some expects, he wasn't pleased.

"you like chenle, don't you?" renjun glanced over at him, "w-what?! no!! no absolutely never! hahaha." he almost tripped, how does he even know?!

"ok, i was going to give you his number but if you're just bros there's no need to."

"b-but still! you have jeno's number and you're bros, d-don't friends have each other numbers usually?" he immediately replied when he heard the reward, he had a fat crush on chenle it was obvious.

"if you say so. then.."

🗻🏜🗻🏜

sorry for the absence !!!
happy Valentine's day :))