9

"what a failure, i tripped myself, hahaha." he laughed not to cry and so did renjun, leaving jaemin amazed, he had never made renjun laugh, he would have done it again, even if it meant to fall all over again.

-

"where does all this confidence come from? what the heck are you doing to my wrist, you perv."
the older shook away the other's hand holding his wrist.

"yeah, yeah, sorry." after that there was an awkward silence.
renjun returned to his studying jaemin just sat here. looking at the other for a while, when he realized a pink tone lightly grew - because he held his cellphone upon his cheeks and suddenly looked up. a basketball hoop..?

"wanna play a match?"

"not really." he was still studying. jaemin got closer to him, trying to look at what he was studying this carefully, squatting at his level.

"if i win you'll go and leave me alone?"

"yes sure! but if i win let's be friends!" jaemin jumped up and started warming up for the upcoming match.

renjun closed his books and got them into his backpack, then did the same. he wasn't that certain of winning but it was worth the try.

after 20 minutes the first match was done.
jaemin won. "best of three!" a breathless renjun shout, more like pleaded, "if you say so." and so another match went by, renjun made it.

"you're really giving it your all, huh?" the ash haired guy nodded from the ground, after scoring his last point he dropped himself on the ground.

after finishing the last match jaemin became the winner. he burned his last bit of energy running through the yard up and down screaming out his lungs.

"hi i'm na jaemin, we live in the same neighborhood. let's be friends." he extended his hand in jaemin's direction.

"dumbass..." renjun murmured as he shook his hand. his phone rang and he had a sudden realization, he was late. for what? there's no need for you to know at the moment.
he took his backpack on one shoulder and rushed to the school gates.

"so are we friends?!"

"whatever you want."

he stood there for a while. just thinking. hm, so we are friends, i guess...?

"DAMN YES WE ARE! ME AND HUANG RENJUN ARE FRICKING FRIENDS!! OH MY GOD, HE LOOKS SO CUTE WHEN HE'S ALL SWEATY! AND HIS BANGS FLOAT EACH TIME HE JUMPS!! AND THAT CUTE GROAN HE MAKES WHEN HE MISSES THE HOOP, AHHH!!!" starting from now he is officially the honorary president of the huang renjun fanclub.

"...so i won and we became friends!", every time jeno was absent from school jaemin did a quick recap of what happened at school the next morning, this time he was way more specific than usual.

"wow, that's admirable, you made it quite easily, i tried to convince renjun for an entire week and still couldn't convince him. good job." jeno patted the other's shoulder with a dad smile on his face. they were going in front of the renjun's house, to go to school. now that they were all friends they can walk together with no escape involved from renjun's side.

"oh god! jeno look!THAT'S A TESLA!!! AM I STILL DREAMING OR SOMETHING? SLAP ME." as jaemin asked, jeno slapped him.

"YAH! i was kidding." he whined brushing his aching cheek. the tesla parked in front of renjun's house, a guy with blonde hair, neither tall or short came out from the vehicle. the guy rushed into the house gate and knocked at the door, when renjun opened the door, the little guy hugged renjun from the waist and released a scream jaemin had only heared coming out from dolphins.

"injunnie!!! it's been so long." the blondie pouts at renjun.

"hi chenle, i missed you too dummy. where's sicheng?" he points to the car, sicheng sitting on the driver seat looking at his phone, probably notifying to the bodyguards their departure. the older ruffles his hair and they begin their way to the car. out of the gates, they both finally noticed the nomin duo standing there still amazed.

"good morning. i'll be going to school with these two, see you later." renjun said, chenle cutely waves the two older guys before dragging renjun with him to the car and departing.

there was silence between the two.

"yo, why are you standing there? you look stupid." jaemin's younger brother, jisung approached both of them, a milk brick in his hand. "who did you call stupid, you brat!"

after the first period, jaemin and jeno discovered that the blondie named chenle was a grade under them and he was one class away from theirs, they attended the same school, the guy sicheng they named before, was one year older than them, his class was on the third floor. they spent the entire day together. when school finished they would hop into their tesla and go out, to do whatever they wanted to and then eventually bring renjun home.

that day when renjun came home he met jaemin, standing in front of his home's gate, these guys obviously have a thing for standing in front of gates, he thought.

"what's up." renjun dropped his backpack and sat on the floor stretching his neck in every direction possible. jaemin sat there as well, he didn't say anything thought, he just spaced out. "today was our first day as friends i wanted to spend some time together but you were booked, haha. can we stay here just a bit? if you wanna tell me about your day go ahead, you sure had fun today. how was it?" sigh. he was pretty sad if he had to be honest. he was really excited for today but things didn't turn out as he hoped. renjun looked at him feeling slightly guilty. he didn't know jaemin for long, still, he had never seen him so down, he always was full of energy. it's weird.

"following these kids is so tiring, i swear to god. haa." he dropped his head on the other's shoulder. jaemin was surprised and stiffened. renjun didn't mind. where's all his confidence at, haha.

"in case you were wondering they are the sons of my parent's business CEO, we've been friends for a long ass time. they are chinese too. we used to live in the same neighborhood. the three of us are like you and jeno. kind of."

"oh t-that's cool, i suppose.."

"that sounds more like a question." renjun laughed at the younger awkwardness. "we didn't do much today tho. we just hang out at their house. even going to the bathroom is like a marathon. sigh. enough about me, what did you do today." renjun sounded worn-out, he didn't feel like talking.

"just the usual stuff we always do. we ate with all the group, jisung joined too for some reason..." as he talked his stiffness began to improve, finally getting relaxed, giving to renjun a nice shoulder to lean on.

"then bora asked me to bring her to this music store, her favorite girl group released an album so she wanted to buy it. then i came back and waited for you outside."

"wait for how long did you wait?"

"45 minutes" renjun's mouth formed an 'o', he really wanted to spend this day together, huh.

🗻🏜🗻🏜

hii guys
i'm ahead with writing chapters, i'm wondering if you have any preference between luwoo and dowoo.
i personally prefer dowoo, but since you're the one reading, i'd like to know what you think about it🥺
also, it's nothing major, so nothing will change if you choose one or another

bye