16

"stop hitting me!" jaemin blocked both of his arms, preventing him from striking any unexpected hit.

-

"so! who's he!" jaemin insisted as they walked inside, trying to hold him back by tugging the back of his hoodie, "he's a friend of mine."

"that's pretty much obvious!! if you don't tell me yourself i'll do a background check on him myself!"

"uh, that seems interesting. bring me a report in 4 days. i'll grade it. i could even ask him for confirmation to see if you're making up things." renjun said jokingly. he took jaemin's wrist, "let's go we've been outside for too long, haechan's mind will wonder too much." jaemin couldn't hide the growing smile as they entered hand in hand, well, wrist in hand.

the next day, jaemin's 4 days investigation began. the day before he had clearly seen the stranger's face, the next thing to find out was his name, or class. it would work either way.

as he entered the classroom he sat beside haechan, on his own desk. "help me please."

"oh my, what an unexpected situation is just happening in front of my eyes!" haechan fake gasped. "my dear jaemin, what do you need from me this time?" he asked and plopped one of his feet on his tights waiting for a foot massage, it's his usual payment for any kind of information. "i need to find this one person... he's a guy."

"what business do you have with him?" he sat more comfortably as he was enjoying the sloppy massage service jaemin was giving him on his ankle, no way he's taking off his shoe and touch his stinky foot. "just.. he's just really funny,,, yeah." jaemin couldn't look at haechan straight in the eyes, he just wondered around. it was just too awkward. he couldn't tell him he's jealous of this kid he doesn't even know! not only it's childish, but haechan doesn't even know he has a crush on renjun.

"i don't believe you, still, i'm kinda bored these days. so i'll find him." jaemin thanked haechan and hugged him, strangling him. haechan begged him to stop - not really begged, more like commanded to -, "give me some context, searching for a guy is way too wide of a category." jaemin sat at his desk and started explaining. "actually i'm aware of what he looks like, i've never seen him tho." he said, "he has bleached hair, maybe a platinum blonde."

"hm, that's way better. not many students have bleached hair. there are a few in our grade, five in first grade and twelve in third."

"you've counted them?!" jaemin asked surprised, "maybe." haechan replied. "ANYWAY, we have some time. wanna go around our floor classroom to look for him?" haechan quickly changed topic, he didn't want to go further.

they got up to the door as they reached it they met renjun and jeno, back from the convenience store, today was jeno's turn, he had to bring snacks to everyone. "morning." renjun greeted. "morning!" haechan greeted back from behind jaemin, cutely shaking his hand, receiving back a disgusting cute gesture from renjun. the battle began.

"where are you going?" jeno asked to jaemin, while watching the scandalous match going on besides them.

"i'm looking for someone. i asked haechan for help." jaemin explained. "who's it?"
"just this one guy. don't ask any more, please, it will get embarrassing. i beg you." jeno just confusedly nodded, "good luck, i guess.." he turned in renjun direction and pushed him, hoping to close the battle going on between them. jaemin too, dragging haechan away. still, the outrageous cute gestures didn't stop.

"what the heck! he's none of those guys." the two of them searched for about 20 minutes now. haechan might have counted those guys with bleached hair wrongly. apparently there were more than just a few. "i'm telling you, they all bleached their hair in this past weekend!" haechan said.

"i don't care about how many they are. i just need to find this one guy!" jaemin said getting frustrated, he's taking it more seriously than renjun could have thought. yes, renjun was really pretty, seeing a rival appearing right in front of his eyes isn't a thing he can let slide easily. what were his intentions? jaemin didn't know, he was scared of the outcome of their acquittance. "let's go, we're going to be late." jaemin nodded.

the lessons went by, jaemin and renjun got to the rooftop at lunch break. the painting was turning out well. finally they decided the color, the pose was pretty much chosen as well. "i don't think bringing a canvas at school is a good idea." renjun said as he sketched the poses jaemin was acting out. "why not? i thin-"
"come to my house." the older interrupted him mid sentence. "let's go to mine after school, i don't have anything to do today, what about you? is it ok for you?" jaemin was trying to suppress his happiness. not only he was invited at his crush's house, but there would be only the two of them, none of their friends, just them. "hm, yeah sure. sounds like a plan." FUCKING YES HUANG RENJUN MARRY ME ALREADY, that's a more honest reply he would have loved to actually respond with.  "great, let's go now the bell is going to ring soon." renjun said as he checked the time on his phone. they picked up their stuff and went downstairs.

oh, god how can i even focus on the lesson, jaemin thought as he stared at the blackboard trying to catch the meaning of what the teacher was writing, he was just so exited. every now and then he threw a fast glance at the clock, the time just wasn't passing. jeno suddenly started a conversation, "guys!" he whisper screamed, "when are we going to play basketball?"

haechan liked his idea, he turned back in his direction "let's do it! it's been so long." he whined the last part. "let's call your boyfriend too, we could do a 2vs2." jeno suggest. "he's not my boyfriend YET, but calling mark my boyfriend does sound nice. not gonna lie." haechan chuckled as he thought of the idea of mark being his. he had a crush on him for a very long time.

"you better get his heart soon, he's graduating this year, what if he gets a lover in college," jeno wondered. "he's popular between older girls. you know." haechan rolled his eyes.

"it's not as easy as you make it!" he whined. "we're going way out of topic, jaemin, you in?"
he didn't respond. jaemin was still spacing out. his focus on the clock went lost long ago.

"jaemin!" haechan punched his forearm.

"ouch! what the heck, man." jaemin complained as he rubbed the part of his arm that was hit.

jeno explained his suggestion once again. the younger patiently waited for him to finish, nodding every now and then. when he was done he replied with a simple shake of a head. "why???" haechan whined, still trying to keep his voice down.

"i have a meeting,,, i might have been chosen as renjun's model, hehe." he shyly said, slyly trying to cover his giggles and what looked like a blush. "really? so in the end he asked you to model for him as well?" jeno asked.

"HE ASKED YOU AS WELL?"

🗻🏜🗻🏜

we've reached 600 views !! i'm so happy :)
anyway what do you think about the allkpop article? if you haven't read it, it reported that there will be changes on the dream lineup, but i've seen many say there's no proof.
i'm confused as heck.

also! would you like a markhyuck chapter? it has no relation with the main plot, but since they are going to get together in the end do you want a chapter about it or not?

thanks again, bye~~~