25

"you didn't want me to have your phone number? i see.." even though chenle couldn't see him he was full on acting, he was stiff but those expressions were on point.

"that's not what i meant!" chenle instantly regretted his actions, "so you wanted my number? hello? is any-" chenle was fast to hang up, throwing his phone it the air, badly missing the bed and destroying the front screen.

"FUCK."

-

weeks went by, the summer break was finally here, it actually was almost ending. the crew hangs out most of the time. plus mark, minus renjun.

things between haechan and mark had gotten better so he invited him more frequently to hang out with his inner circle. regarding renjun, he spends the entire break so far at home, painting and playing games. he occasionally left home to go to the convenience store or hang out with chenle and sicheng. nothing new.

our two friends, renjun and jaemin still hadn't talked ever since. they had some small talk back at school but nothing serious. renjun was waiting for his crush on jaemin to just magically disappear, while jaemin didn't want to go further with renjun until he had a girlfriend. actually, he was frequently asking her out, to finally tell her the truth, each time failing. he just felt bad making the smile on her lips disappeared, he is kind-hearted, breaking someone's heart isn't as easy as it sounds.

"jaemin let's go buy some popcorns!" bora clung to his sleeve. as said before they went on a date today as well, he flashed a smile and followed her lead to the popcorn stand. "a medium of salted popcorn-" the guy in front of them stopped halfway sentence when his supposed friend nudged him. he glanced back, only after lowering his cap.

"here you are, anything else?" the guy shook his head and left his friend to pay.

jaemin didn't bother much, sometimes people are just weird.

"what are our seats number?" jaemin asked entering the screening room of the cinema, in the end they went for a horror since bora insisted, "8 and 9" she replied after checking the tickets. they excused themselves through the seats already occupied.

as soon as he sat at his place jaemin recognized the guy on his side, he's the popcorn kid.

the guy realized as well, instantly turning on his friend's side. "let's switch, get up, quick!" he whisper shouted. "don't want to.. the light are going off soon anyway."

"nonono, move!"

"renjun stop pushing me!" the three of them froze. the lights, as predicted, went off. nobody said a thing.

jaemin was nervous, it's been so long since he last saw renjun, things between the two of them were still awkward and the promise he made with himself was still up. the movie soon started.

renjun's friend, sicheng hardly convinced him to see this movie, horror didn't get along well with him. he was frightened. at every jumpscare he hopped on his seat. his shoulder and limbs shaking, but he insisted on being fine when sicheng asked.

as the scary part was coming at his peak, jaemin couldn't really sit still. he took renjun's hand in his, "i'm-"

"i know, keep watching." jaemin said holding his hand tightly. even though he came out confident and all, inside he was fanboying, he missed renjun so much. not only his presence prevented him from keeping up with the movie, but know he could only think about his soft palm against his own, there's no way he can keep his attention on the film. luckily bora was totally focused on the film, sicheng apparently fell asleep, he must've been really tired, i wonder how you can fall asleep while watching a horror movie...

from time to time renjun squeezed his hand, jaemin never felt happier seeing him this scared.

as soon as the credits showed up renjun sighed in relief, the holding thing went on since that time. he let go of his hand only when he had to wake up sicheng. they all went outside together, between sicheng complaints and bora's excitement for the movie jaemin and renjun entertained their first conversation after weeks.

"so,, how have you been?" jaemin asked, "fine."
jaemin nodded, "the contest?"

"jaemin what was her friends name?" bora interrupted their 'new born' conversation. "oh, i don't remember, hehe." jaemin scratched the back of his nape sadly dropping his chat with the other. "oh, my boo couldn't focus 'cause he's scared?" bora teased him and locked their fingers together.

"no way!" bora just chuckled.

"cheng, isn't xiaojun waiting for us outside? we shouldn't keep him waiting." renjun reminded his friend, renjun was trying his best to get rid of his crush, the fact that bora became much more clingy just rubbed him the wrong way. this was his counterattack.

"you right, are you still going for dinner tonight at his place?" sicheng asked. you know what? the counterattack was absolutely working. a frown was evident on jaemin's face.

"xiaojun?" he asked. renjun nodded, hiding a smirk. "i'm staying at his place for the next week, my parents are overseas for a work trip. i felt lonely at home."

"that's nice! who's this xiaojun kid tho?" bora entered the conversation. "you should have came at mine's or jeno's. we're literally two house from you." jaemin's jealousy was showing.

"i could, but since i've been hanging out with him a lot lately he asked me himself."
renjun smiled, "we better get going, bye!" sicheng could feel the air getting heavier, jaemin was near snapping.

"yah! didn't you say you wanted to get over him? you seemed his petty ex or something."

renjun rolled his eyes, "you even made up that xiaojun thing. you made it look like something is going on between you two, not only you don't want others to know you're, you know, but xiaojun has a thing for hendery!"

"don't shout! someone might hear you." he covered his mouth, "i don't know myself, it's just ,,, ARGH! that's why i'm avoiding him."

"tsk, i see how you're avoiding him. you held his hand since the start of the movie."

renjun shushed him, but sicheng liked pissing him off once in a while as well.

🗻🏜🗻🏜

im still unsettled because of the stranded, if you've watched it dm me, please. im in desperate need for some theories on season 2. if you haven't watched it, it's a great show give it a try :D

so while i cry over my kids, enjoy the double update :)