Terce

As soon as it was safe to exit the jet the team made a beeline for the stairs

As soon as it was safe to exit the jet the team made a beeline for the stairs. Everyone, except Rossi, was terrified of what Strauss would do if they took too long. Ultimately Victoria trailed along behind Aaron.

"That was faster than expected," Strauss commented as she exited the SUV.

"I try my best," Victoria replied.

"What is the emergency?" Aaron inquired. The suspense of not knowing what they would be facing had been internally tormenting him.

"George Foyette left a message with a prison inmate who we recently interviewed. Garcia is checking logs to figure out how it happened right under our noses," Strauss stated. "Agent Hayes, you have a visitor waiting in Agent Rossi's office."

The team piled into the SUV and drove back to Quantico. The air was stiff and quiet as no one dared to speak. Aaron was preoccupied with a million thoughts swirling in his head. How could he have been so naive as to believe that he could enjoy himself while his ex-wife and son hid from a killer? What bothered him the most was how easy it had been. How easy it had been to forget about them and relax. The guilt started to kick in as he began to focus. He couldn't allow himself to be distracted. He had to make it up to them. He had to correct his mistakes.

While he was deep in thought Victoria contemplated the visitor waiting for her in Rossi's office. She had ideas as to who it may be, but nothing concrete. "Penny for your thoughts," Rossi asked her as he broke the silence as he took his eyes of the road for a moment to look at her.

"I'm thinking about the visitor Strauss mentioned."

"Ah yes, that. They'd have to be pretty important to attract Erin's attention."

"I know that. Which is my I'm thinking."

"Come on you can't know that many high profile people."

"You forget that I'm a Rossi, and I do know a lot of high profile people. I worked with a lot of them and none of them even know I'm back at Quantico."

"We'll know in a minute," Rossi replied as they entered the parking lot. "Aaron, I'll park the car. Everyone should head to the conference room."

Aaron nodded as everyone grabbed their things and marched inside and into the elevator. Victoria remained calm as the doors opened and the team walked into the bull pen. Immediately as she looked to Rossi's office she saw him standing there.

"Victoria," he grinned.

"Sam, it's great to see you," she replied as she returned the smile.

He handed her a bouquet of flowers. "These are for you."

"Lilies, you shouldn't have. So what brings you to the neighborhood? You're a ways away from the White House," she asked.

"I heard a rumor you were back and contacted the director who told me when you were flying back. Which brings me to my proposal. Will you be my date for tonight's charity ball?"