Soixante-trois

Before they even realized it two months passed by since the wedding

Before they even realized it two months passed by since the wedding. The team had gone through so much. They had just wrapped up and old case. Then came the secrecy. The others were oblivious to Prentiss's shift in behavior. Victoria wasn't as oblivious. Andy Seaver had temporarily joined theM after a case in a gated community. 

Then they got called on a case with a couple on a killing spree. They were working on the profile and victimology. Aaron and Morgan were looking at the crime scene as Victoria dealt with on scene reporters. Once she finished she made her er way to the gas station store. 

"They thrive on sadistic power. There's rice all over the floor," Aaron said.

"Maybe they hit a box," Morgan suggested.

Victoria leaned against the door frame. "Our our duo just got married," She said. "There's no rice for sale. I checked the inventory."

Aaron looked at Morgan and ordered, "Call Garcia and tell her to check if anyone has recently applied for a marriage license in the state of Montana. Then cross reference that with criminal record." 

"Check for any with a history of substance and physical abuse," Victoria added. "The level of overkill on the store clerk. He could represent a father figure and thus venting their range to these surrogates." 

~~~~~~~~~

"We're looking for a young couple from North Dakota, late teens to mid-20s. We believe they may have recently been married. We're seeing that alcohol plays a significant role in these crimes. It's allowing them to kill freely and recklessly," Aaron said as they define red the profile to the police.

Morgan continued, "Our unsubs are killing surrogates who represent those responsible for deep-seated wounds. Now, these two most likely met at alcohol support. And they get a sexual charge out of the kill."

"The change from gas station to alcohol support meetings suggests one of them might have a slight moral compass," Prentiss spoke, "that lead to the help."

Rossi said, "Ultimate, we believe on of the pair, is a sociopath, while the other is a psychopath."

One of the officers interjected, "What's really the difference?"

Victoria and Reid both moved to speak at once. "The floor is all yours Dr. Reid."

"They're similar pathologies, but a sociopath is less likely to participate in criminal activity and can be lured by a dominant, while a psycho that is a consummate leader and likely to engage and destroy anyone in their way," Reid explained. 

Victoria stated, "The most recent attack was 12 hours ago which means they're most likely heading west of Helena and towards Idaho. All surrounding areas should be on alert."

The police left and they continued on to work the case. Their focus now would be to ID their unsubs and predict their next movements. It did not take Garcia long to find the male unsub through looking at who accessed the AA meeting website. Prentiss did a check on the foster homes. The history of drugs and abuse was evident. But Aaron wanted confirmation.