Cinquante-trois

Time was relative

Time was relative. The feeling of time passing varied from person to person. For Aaron time seemed to be passing by slowly as he sat at church on Sunday. It was the second time in a row the Rossi family had forced him to church. It was in english so he could follow along. Jack was also dressed up for church. The only thing he liked about the occasion was the fact that he could wear one of his suits.

Salvation came in the form of church ending. Aaron was all too happy to be exiting the church. He had known the readings and the responses. He just didn't like the whole formality of it. The music had been the only redeeming quality. Surprisingly there had been no crying children at mass.

Aaron asked, "Ilaria are you taking Jack with you?"

The woman nodded. "Enzo is taking us to the cinema."

Aaron took out his wallet and handed her some money. "Here. This should cover any expenses for Jack and anything you'd like."

Needless to say the women loved Aaron. They saw his devotion and love for his son. They saw the good in him, and for once he wasn't known as a serious person who never laughed.

Victoria turned to her aunt and said, "Zia, Aaron and I are going to meet up with some friends."

"Bring them over for dinner. I'm making my specialty tonight."

"Is it vegetarian?"

"Why would you want vegetarian?"

"Could you make some cheese ravioli as well? We have someone who doesn't eat meat."

"Fine. Fine. Go have fun."

They didn't have to be told twice. Victoria tossed the car keys to Aaron and they practically jumped into the car and drove off as fast as they could.

Aaron laughed, "I thought you liked going to church."

"Not with them. Zia used to test me on the homilies. I'd rather avoid that if I can."

Aaron drove to JJ's place. Will and JJ had offered to give them an escape if family ever got too much for them. They decided to take up the opportunity. "Why is it that two weeks in and we haven't gotten a case?"

Victoria chuckled, "I know right. We've only had local cases and paperwork. It's a good thing Will and JJ invited us over for lunch. I can't wait to see Henry. He's so adorable with his cute little chubby cheeks."

Aaron gave her a look. "Do you want one?"

"Hmm?" Victoria was a bit disoriented by the phrasing.

"Maybe I didn't phrase that correctly. I was asking if you wanted a kid. You seem to love hanging around with Henry." Aaron knew that she loved Jack. That was a given. But babies were different. He saw the way she looked at babies when they spotted them in public places. It made him wonder. "I mean, we've talked about having kids, but not much about when."