Chapter 1

Its 11 o'clock in the morning. Beam is waiting for his best friend, Kit to show up, for the past 15 minutes, at a coffee shop.

It was getting irritating for Beam. he was angry.

"why is this happening to me? why me??!! this is all because of mom..." he was so immersed into his deep thought, that he didn't see Kit,coming towards him..

"stop frowning that hard Beamie..or else your eyebrows will get creased."

Kit's voice broke Beam's chain of thought but he got angry instead..

" will you stop with your stupidest reasoning ? why the hell, are you late? and who the hell is Beamie?? my name is Beam." he barked.

"oh! someone's too pissed, I see..." Kit's playful remarks actually were working like fuel to Beam's anger.

he was almost about to leave this coffee shop, when Kit stopped him by gripping his wrist.

" okay.. I'm sorry. I won't irritate you more."

Beam slumped on his chair again. he has nothing to do as well. this best friend of his, is the only person who can help in this misery of his life now.

"Here.. drink this cold coffee and cool down for a bit, okay?" Kit said, passing the coffee to Beam.

"so, when is the wedding happening?" Kit cautiously asked.

" its still not finalized yet. that's why I want you to help me. mom is going crazy.  she is going to get me married before this year ends! I can't say anything because of her health. so, please Kit, Please help me.... " Beam mumbled grumpily.

" I can't get married again. I've already done this mistake once. I don't wanna repeat it again. trust me, I don't need anyone in my life. I have had enough of this. I don't want myself to be in the same situation, that happened just two years ago. I don't wanna hear that every girl is not the same" he almost shouted at Kit restlessly.

Kit again, pushed the cold glass of the coffee in front of Beam. he gulped down almost half of the content immediately.

"okay. I got it. I won't repeat those words, what aunty has already said. so... you don't want to get married.. lemme think for a bit... I have a plan though. But I have to do it a bit professionally.. so that both of us don't get caught." Kit said with utmost seriousness. 

they both left the coffee shop.. Kit had promised Beam to call him by the evening with a full-proof plan to save him from this marriage.

***

In the evening, Beam's phone buzzed.
"Hi Beamie. I have planned everything out. Can we meet now? We'll discuss about the plan."
It was Kit.

Beam gritted his teeth at the mention of the special name that Kit loves to call him as.. beamie...
He hated the name. But the other guy would never listen to him.

"Yeah. Where do you wanna meet?"
Beam coldly asked.

"At my place? We can have dinner after that.."

"Okay.. I'm coming in an hour or so.."

***

" What do you think about gay people?"
Kit's question bewildered Beam..

He couldn't take more of Kit's stupidity.. he was about to bark his frustrations when Kit stopped him.

"Listen to me first. Okay? Why are you so angry all the time? You've totally changed into a bomb.. anytime you'll blow up.. do you know that? And this much of anger is not good for your heart too."
Kit kept on with his inner concerns about his best friend.