Chapter 4

*forgive my mistakes*

They had their lunch in an uncomfortable silence.

It was awkward for Beam and Forth.

Beam was infuriating from inside out.

He couldn't believe his mother made him go through this situations.

After eating, he ordered Forth to follow him.
They went up to the terrace, to talk privately.

"So, seems like your plan is working perfectly. You're too happy now, Right?"
He spat his venom towards Forth.

Forth was shocked at the accusations. But he remained silent.

"How much do you want now?"
Beam angrily asked.

"I don't understand what you're implying with this." Forth calmly uttered.

"Oh just shut up! Stop with your acting. I know everything. Just tell me how much money will you take to leave me and my family and get the hell out of here?"
He couldn't take it anymore.

"Beam, I think you've got it wrong. I don't even know what you're talking about.
What plan? I didn't plan anything. I was working as per your plan."

"Just shut your fucking mouth. It's you who put this idea of getting married to my mom's mind.  I know it well."

"Beam I had no idea about this. Please believe me." Forth spoke, he felt hurt .

"What do you want me to do now? Tell me.. I'll do that." He pleaded.

"Just make sure that mom understands that we broke up. Do whatever it takes to stop this filthy marriage"
With that Beam left Forth at their rooftop, all alone.

***

Forth went to Beam's mother's room. He knocked on the door.

"Can I come in aunty?" He peeked through the sliding door.

"Of course you can". She said cheerfully.

She knew her son and Forth were talking about the marriage at their rooftop.

"So, what did he say?" She felt excited.

"Aunty, can I request you something?" He asked calmly.

Beam's mom's face fell, she understood that they would not be getting married.

"He isn't refusing the marriage, is he?" She asked painfully.

Forth hugged her," aunty, he needs some time. We both think it's very early to decide on something so important like a marriage. Will you give us some time, please?" He gently asked.

" Do you really love each other?" Her question made Forth freeze for sometime.

"How could she know that!" He thought but he caught up on with his act.
He assured that he really loved her son.

After sometimes, he tucked her with a blanket and made her to take some rest.

He left her room.

But he had to talk to Beam. And that he was mostly scared of.

He knew Beam was really angry with the turn over of the situations, today.

But he had no other choice. So he knocked on the door.

"What now?" Beam barked at him, making him flinch.

" Uhm.. I talked to you mother. I told her that we need time to think about it. I think.. she understood that we're not planning on getting married. At least for now." He mumbled.