Chapter 10

Forgive my mistakes and happy reading 😇😇

*Forth's POV *

I came back to the hospital again in the morning.

I went to my house to get a change and to get some breakfast.

I talked to the doctor. They said my sister needed a surgery to close the hole in her heart. She can then live her life without any further problems.

I was so relieved to know about it.

But the doctors informed me about the money that I had to deposit before any of the procedures take place.

I was wondering how to arrange that huge amount of money, when I saw Beam's mother, sitting on the chair in front of my sister's cabin.

I almost ran to her.

She looked up at me. I saw tears in her eyes.

I embraced her. I didn't know why, but I started to sob as well.

She felt like a source of strength to me.

She patted on my head.

"Why are you crying, Forth? Everything will be alright. Don't worry ."
Her words were able to calm my nerves down.

"How's your sister now? Did you talk to the doctors?" She asked again.

"Yeah, aunty. I just talked to them. They said my sister will be free from this disease soon. They will perform a surgery and she will be breathing normally. Just like us." I smiled with my tear glistening eyes.

She cupped my face, smiling.

" That's great Forth. Make it as soon as possible. The faster the surgery happens, the fastest you'll come back to us. And make sure to take your sister too. How could you leave her all alone in a house like that?! I'll tell Beam to deposit all the money. Okay?"

I almost froze at that.

How could she say all these so easily? How could she love me so much?
How could I cheat on her?

My eyes pooled with tears. Guilt started to eat me alive.

I couldn't think of anything else, except for confessing to her.

It's not because of the money.. but I just can't betray a kindhearted person like her.

"Aunty.. there's something I want to confess.." I wiped my tears before looking into her eyes.
I can't lie to her anymore.

"What?? Is this about your contract marriage?"

My throat felt dry. I was shocked.

"How did she know about it! Did Beam tell her about this? Since when did she know about it?" I was going crazy with all the questions running all over my mind.

I gulped, looking at her.

"I... I'm sorry." I whispered.

She smiled gently while wiping my tears. Only then I realized I was crying again.

"You did nothing wrong, Forth. I know what my son did to you. I know it's beyond forgiveness. But this is not the right time to discuss this. Come back home, Forth." I hugged her tightly.
I couldn't believe how can anyone be so forgiving!

"Did Beam tell you about all these?" I mumbled still embracing her.

She didn't answer me.. just patted on my back, ever so gently.

"Forth, can you please forgive him? For this once? Please... For me?" Her voice sounded like she was crying.

I looked at her and her crying face wrecked my heart.

I wiped all those tears, " aunty, I've already forgiven him. I know he's having a hard time with life. But I hope he understands his mistakes soon and try to rectify them. The way he's living his life, is so wrong." I told her.

"Forth, if I ask you for a favor, will you do it for me?" She asked cautiously.

I was curious. But at this moment I would do anything for her.
"Can you help Beam, to make him realize his mistakes? Can you please stay with him? I will do anything for you, in return. Please forth.. I beg you.." I could sense her pain. Every mother would feel this way, seeing their child choosing the wrong way in life.

"Aunty, you've already done a lot for me. My sister is still breathing ,only because of your son. If Beam didn't help me last night, I can't imagine what  I would have been seeing by now! But aunty, are you sure about this? Am I really a right choice?" I tried to ask her as gently as possible.

" At least we can try Forth. I'm really scared of him now. He was never like this. He was a nice human being. But now he has turned into someone whom I don't know anymore. Please Forth, help me.." her pleading sounded helpless.

We were talking when suddenly a nurse came to me, saying they wanted to schedule the surgery today.

I was dumbfounded , I couldn't figure how they were thinking about the surgery when I didn't even deposited the money yet.

I was about to ask them about the money, but Beam's mom told them to arrange the surgery as soon as possible.

I looked at her stunned.

She smiled at me.

I knew the meaning behind the smile. I felt so ashamed. I couldn't look at her.

I averted my eyes and looked down at my feet,sobbing.

She cupped my face and made me look at her.

" You silly boy, how could you think like this? I've already told you that Beam's going to pay for everything. You're just like my own son, Forth, and that makes your sister, my daughter too. And being a mother, it's my duty to look after all of you."

She wiped the tears away from my face. I couldn't be more grateful to her. I was too happy . My sister's going to live a normal life from now on.

But then suddenly a thought came to my mind.
"Beam's here? Where's he?" I asked her, furrowing my brows.

His mom smiled a little but the sadness was evident in it.

" He thinks you hate him, Forth. That's why he's hiding himself from you. He was here all night. He just left only after making sure that your sister is going to be fine."
I was shocked. "Beam was here, All night! But I thought he left after I talked to him last night." I thought .

" Forth, my son has a kind heart. But his anger is overpowering his every good habit. Please help him, Forth. Please.."
She was sobbing and pleading while folding her hands to me.

"Aunty I'll do my best. Let me talk to him. Okay? But promise me, you'll help me in this too. I can't do this all alone." I told her, smiling.

She wiped her tears and smiled at me too.

She met my sister before leaving the hospital.

"Huh! I have no idea what I'm signing up for....! But I'll do my best. I'll do this, for you,my lil sister." I encouraged myself.

TBC...

(Heyya... 🙋

So how's this chapter??
Lemme know if you liked it or not.

Thank you for reading 😀

Keep on voting and commenting on the chapters 😍

I just love reading them.

But I'm having a hard time finding a name for Forth's sister here.. can anyone help me with this?? Please suggest me a cute meaningful name for this little girl na!! ♥️♥️♥️♥️

Thank you 😊

~Tania♥️)