Chapter 9

*forgive my mistakes and happy reading 🥰*

Beam left the hospital early in the morning. He visited Forth before leaving though, without his knowledge.

He wouldn't let Forth see him. He promised to himself.

He drove his car to his house.

He was sure , this day wouldn't be a easy one to pass on.

He opened the door to his house.

The first thing he saw was his mother.

He was shocked.

He forgot to let her inform about everything, but it wasn't his first time to stay outside of his house all night.

He ran to his mother who was asleep on the couch. He was pretty sure she didn't sleep for long.

He cupped her face delicately.

His mother jolted up at the touch.

She was relieved, knowing her son came back home.

She was about to say something but he stopped her .

He knew, it was now or never....

"Mom, I have many things to tell you. Can I tell you all these, first?" He spoke gently.

His mother got worried at that.but she urged him to continue.

Beam sighed deeply before starting.

" Mom, I have too many things to confess. But first things first.. I wasn't home last night because I was with Forth. His sister is sick so we had to take her to the hospital. He's staying there now. Probably he won't come back today." He could see his mother relieved, knowing that.

" But mom, I'm not gonna lie to you anymore." He took a breath. He needed to brace himself before saying these things to her. He sensed her stiffen.

"Mom I'm gonna divorce Forth. I did something terrible to him. And this marriage was basically a contract" he paused, breathlessly.

He forced himself to look at her mother.

He saw tears. His heart was wrenching in his rib case.

"Mom I'm sorry. I was scared because of your health. I'm really sorry."
He felt his tears on his cheeks.

"Mom I'm your bad son. But can you forgive me, mom?" He pleaded.

"I know my son can never be a bad person. What happened to you baby boy? Why have you shut yourself completely? Will you tell me?" His mother's tender voice made him cry even more.

He buried his face in his mother's lap.

He needed to let go of all the tears that he kept unshed.

"Mom I'm a monster. I did something terrible to Forth. Mom, he hates me." His voice felt childlike to her.

Her heart was breaking, seeing her son crying like that.
But somewhere she felt relieved to know that her son still had feelings. She was forced to believe that Beam had changed into some soulless workaholic man. She was scared that her son had stopped feeling any emotions after the divorce.

She patted on his head while caressing his hair ever so gently.

She asked, " what did you do to Forth, Beam?"

Beam stilled. But then he looked up at his mother. He will confess about everything today.

"I have behaved extremely badly with him. I never talked properly with him. I said bad things to him, mom. And I did something worse than this too."
His mom didn't utter a single word.