Chapter 11

Forgive the mistakes and enjoy reading ♥️

Beam was waiting for his mother, in the cafeteria.

He talked to the doctor who's treating

The doctor informed him about the surgery, so Beam urged him to schedule the surgery as soon as possible.

He deposited all the money at the reception.

Beam really hoped for the surgery to be a successful one.

He couldn't imagine Forth, crying and being a mess like he was, yesterday.

Then out of nowhere his mother's words came to his mind.

"Do I really like him? Why am I even only thinking about him?" He asked himself.

His ringing phone disturbed his chain of thoughts. He fished his phone out and looked at the ID. It's his mother.

"Beam, I'm waiting at the reception. Where are you?" She asked over the phone.

"Yeah mom.. I'm coming." He told her before disconnecting the call.

***

Beam reached the hospital early in the evening.

He called his friend to know about the details of the surgery. He was informed that it was supposed to take place at around 8 o'clock in the evening.

But he didn't want to face Forth. He was scared that Forth would repulse him away.

So he sneaked into the hallway, which leads to the cabin where Forth's sister was going through the treatments.

He couldn't see Forth there. So he gathered all his courage and tried to peak at the inside of the room through the door of the cabin.

Forth was teary while holding his sister's hand. He couldn't see much of her face because of all those tubes attached to her.

He felt sad. But he didn't wait there for long.

He rushed to the hospital terrace. It has been his own place of solace here, in the hospital.

***

Beam was sitting on the rooftop, watching the night sky.

The things that have been happening to his life, were clouding his mind.

He had decided to work from his home for a few days.

He felt tired of all the nonstop work he had been doing from the past two years.
This break was much needed for him.

He looked at his watch. He knew the surgery wouldn't take more than two and a half hours. His clock showed, it was 11:30pm already.

He felt a little bit restless. What if the surgery didn't go well! What if that little girl couldn't make it! All these "what ifs" were scaring him a lot.

He was contemplating to call Forth and ask about his sister but the fear of Forth , not answering his calls was stopping him from it.

He was pondering over all of these, when a hand on his shoulder broke his chain of thoughts.

He looked up to find the owner of the hand, just to find, it was none other than Forth.. standing in front of him.

He hurriedly tried to get up, but Forth stopped him. He too sat beside Beam instead.

Beam was waiting for Forth to say something.  He didn't say anything despite the eagerness of knowing what was happening there in the operating theater, which was going through his mind.
He was looking at Forth with the corner of his eyes.

"Thank you, Beam" Forth broke the awkward silence between them.

Beam didn't understand why Forth was thanking him for. He did nothing. If anything, he did something so terrible that nobody could be thankful for.. never ever...

He tried to face Forth but he was too ashamed to do that.

"Thank you for saving my sister. I have not enough words to thank you, actually." Beam felt Forth voice cracking. So he finally looked at the man, sitting beside him.

"Does this mean... The surgery ended successfully?" He voiced.

Forth looked at him with a smiling face. He nodded.

" Beam, my sister will be breathing normally. She'll have a normal life.. like us." He was excited..he felt happy...

Forth didn't say anything. He just smiled softly.

"How did you know, that I'm here?" Beam asked.

"Your mom called me." Forth didn't say much.

Suddenly Beam remembered something..

"Forth.. I've done all the paperwork for this divorce. You don't have to do anything or take care of anything. Just a signature of yours can free you from this burden. I'm really sorry for everything. "
He told Forth while looking down.

"Beam,today your mother came to me. We talked about everything. She told me that you've confessed everything about this relationship to her." Beam didn't look at him.

"She requested me, not to break this marriage." Beam abruptly looked at Forth.
He was shocked at his mother's words.

"No no.. don't do this Forth. I will make her understand everything. Don't listen to her. I'm a terrible person to live with. Don't ruin your life." He felt almost like crying. He couldn't imagine how his mother requested something like that to Forth, after knowing everything about what he did to this guy.

"Please Forth.. don't let me ruin your life. Not this time.. please.. not even for my mother." he begged.

"But what if I want this marriage to work , for myself?" Beam was stunned.

"Did I hear it right?" He thought.

He looked at Forth, with eyes wide-opened.

"See.  I'm not willing to do this for us.
But your mother needs someone by her side.
And being the CEO of the biggest company in here, it's impossible for you to do all these things and be there for her, all the time.
You helped me a lot,Beam.. let me help you this once? Please...
I promise I won't create any problem with you. I'll sign some agreements as well, if you want me to. Please just trust me and let me help you." He pleaded.

Beam was quite.
He was trying to figure out Forth's intentions.

"Why would anyone be so selfless? Why would Forth help him, after the way he treated him?" He was thinking.

" Beam, I'm not doing this for money. Your mom wants us to live with you both.
And I couldn't refuse her."

"Me and my sister will live like tenants.
I'll pay you the rents too. Just let me be with your mom.
You see, we've lost our parents at a very young age. Your mother reminds me a lot of my own mother. Please Beam."

Beam saw tears in Forth's eyes.

"Alright.. you can live with us. But not like the tenants or anything.
We can be friends you know.... And I would love to know you more." He said, looking straight into Forth's eyes, smiling.

Forth felt ecstatic.
Beam somehow felt peace despite the storms of the questions were hitting his mind.

TBC..

Sorry for the boring chapter 😭

I couldn't write it properly 😭😭😭

Thank you for reading this chapter and for your votes and comments ♥️

~Tania ♥️